Thread: The ladder

The ladder

Looks like the Wigggles have stitched up the minor premiership and Adelaide 2nd place. If Sydney win tomorrow we are almost certain to take a double chance. I'm hoping the Saints will lose one so we can snatch 3rd place and play (and defeat) Adelaide first up in the finals to march str8 to a home preliminary final.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veteran Site Admin

Re: The ladder

Originally posted by cruiser
    Looks like the Wigggles have stitched up the minor premiership and Adelaide 2nd place. If Sydney win tomorrow we are almost certain to take a double chance. I'm hoping the Saints will lose one so we can snatch 3rd place and play (and defeat) Adelaide first up in the finals to march str8 to a home preliminary final.
    St Kilda still have to play Freo (in the west) and Brisbane (in Melbourne). They looked very good yesterday (much better than against Geelong last week) but neither of those will be gimmes, particularly with both teams still with a chance but no guarantee of a top 8 finish.

Goes without saying that we have to be able to take care of both Brisbane and the Kangas.

Re: Re: The ladder

Originally posted by liz
    Goes without saying that we have to be able to take care of both Brisbane and the Kangas.
    Please don't forget Hawthorn!

On the Rookie List
    But the Saints percentage effectively puts them two games ahead of us. For us to steal third, they'd have to lose both of their next games (highly unlikely) and we have to win all three of ours.

A win today would more or less guarantee a first up final at Subi.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Re: The ladder

Originally posted by cruiser
    Correct me if I am wrong but is we finish 4th we would play the eagles in Perth. If we were to lose and then won the next week we would play a prelim other than Perth? I do not think we would have to goto to Perth twice?

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by boroboy
    But the Saints percentage effectively puts them two games ahead of us. For us to steal third, they'd have to lose both of their next games (highly unlikely) and we have to win all three of ours.
    They only have to lose one. We will be equal if we win today but behind on percentage. If they lose one of their next two and we win both we will take third.

Re: Re: The ladder

Originally posted by sfan
    Correct me if I am wrong but is we finish 4th we would play the eagles in Perth. If we were to lose and then won the next week we would play a prelim other than Perth? I do not think we would have to goto to Perth twice?
    No we cross over to the other side of the draw and play either Adelaide in Adelaide or St Kilda in Melbourne.

Both of which will be tough.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

Re: Re: Re: The ladder

Originally posted by DST
    No we cross over to the other side of the draw and play either Adelaide in Adelaide or St Kilda in Melbourne.

Both of which will be tough.

DST
    I just hope we avoid St Kilda in Melbourne in the finals.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Re: Re: Re: Re: The ladder

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    I just hope we avoid St Kilda in Melbourne in the finals.
    As it stands at present, to avoid St Kilda in Melbourne we would need to beat Wet Toast in Perth or hope that Adelaide can knock off St Kilda at AAMI.

I agree of the 3 other sides, I don't want us to run into St Kilda in the finals.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The Saints' weakness could be their easy draw. They play West Coast (round 8, Subiaco, loss), Adelaide (round 9, Docklands, loss) and Sydney (round 10, Docklands, win) only once, and with the exception of the Kangaroos their recent matches against other top 8 sides have been against sides in poor form.

The Kangaroos nearly brought them undone last round.

I feel the Saints' weakness is that they haven't been seriously challenged in the last two months, and if they are put under real pressure there is a chance they will crack.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final