Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Head maggot admits McInerney is a moron

Sweet home Novacastria
    I hear that the umpire from the Leo Barry incident has been sacked. Can anyone confirm this?

SXP
    Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    I hear that the umpire from the Leo Barry incident has been sacked. Can anyone confirm this?
    Well, not yet, but will be if there are enough better umps for the finals, which makes me kinda sick in my stomach thinking, can there be a worse ump than that one?
    After reading todays' Herald Sun it became obvious that regardless of mistakes that both sides made, umps shouldn't be influencing the outcome with their stupid mistakes. Jurnos are now very pissed with Gieschen and AFL.
    In the paper was even a suggestion made by John Newman (not of the Sam variety) that the Swans should sue AFL over this. Of course that's just stupid, but I don't fancy Geelong chances this Saturday (assuming the game is on Saturday), because teh Swans will be very pumped-up to win it. And they should!

Forever or for 2005?

I heard he may never umpire another finals game this year.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by robbieando
    Not "can", WILL. Our only problem with that is we have to go though St Kilda who will be coming off a week's brake to do it and that will prove very hard to do.

Like you the major positive I took out of the match is that we nearly beat the Eagles on their own dunghill and on the neutal ground of the MCG we should be able to gain our own form of payback if we meet them in a GF.
    I too was distraught and felt cheated but just take a minute's "Time Out" for a "silver lining"

The Umpires boss has PUBLICLY admited they fouled up in The Swans qualifying final. Gieschen said swans were wronged.
    There is a good chance that he has given the game umpires a good bollocking about those decisions of the last quarter.
    The Silver lining? There just may be a chance that for the next two games the umpiring fratenity treat the Swans with kid gloves to avoid getting it wrong again. AND it would be mainly because the Swans copped it sweet and have refused to get dragged into a slanging match either at the time or after the game and even now when the whole world is saying"Swans was robbed"

Smart move Mr Roos.
    Mr Roos knew what he was doing'
    John Longmire is taking it to an art form
    We dont know how lucky we are to be Swans supporters

Originally posted by Albert Park
    I too was distraught and felt cheated but just take a minute's "Time Out" for a "silver lining"

The Umpires boss has PUBLICLY admited they fouled up in The Swans qualifying final. Gieschen said swans were wronged.
    There is a good chance that he has given the game umpires a good bollocking about those decisions of the last quarter.
    The Silver lining? There just may be a chance that for the next two games the umpiring fratenity treat the Swans with kid gloves to avoid getting it wrong again. AND it would be mainly because the Swans copped it sweet and have refused to get dragged into a slanging match either at the time or after the game and even now when the whole world is saying"Swans was robbed"

Smart move Mr Roos.
    Why should they? They've never changed their umpiring habbits before. Remember when Roos took a video of bad decisions against Barry Hall to Gieschen last year and was told that Hall would be treated more fairly. Nothing has changed.

In fact, they are just as likely to go out and be harsh on the Swans again, to make a statement that the umpires are not influenced by public opinion.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

SXP
    Originally posted by sharpie
    Why should they? They've never changed their umpiring habbits before. Remember when Roos took a video of bad decisions against Barry Hall to Gieschen last year and was told that Hall would be treated more fairly. Nothing has changed.

In fact, they are just as likely to go out and be harsh on the Swans again, to make a statement that the umpires are not influenced by public opinion.
    It might be so, but keep this in mind that AFL is in a very tricky position in NSW and if the media in Sydney starts coming up with the conspiracy theories how umps from Victoria are deliberatly targeting non-victorian teams, would damage the game there even further. As long as Daly T*** and others are too busy writing about NRL and not AFL than it's OK, but think about carefully if they change the tune.
    I've got this hunch that the AFL boss might have a word with Gieschen as well on this matter. We'll see how it's going to unfold.

Originally posted by SXP
    It might be so, but keep this in mind that AFL is in a very tricky position in NSW and if the media in Sydney starts coming up with the conspiracy theories how umps from Victoria are deliberatly targeting non-victorian teams, would damage the game there even further. As long as Daly T*** and others are too busy writing about NRL and not AFL than it's OK, but think about carefully if they change the tune.
    I've got this hunch that the AFL boss might have a word with Gieschen as well on this matter. We'll see how it's going to unfold.
    I'd love nothing more that getting a fair go from the umps. Hopefully something good will come of it and not the same old crap.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Originally posted by Nolie
    I was at he game and right near the flank where LRT made his mistake. There was nothing wrong with his decision making. Ben Mathews was in the clear (had the ball carried). It was unfortunately just a wobbly kick that didn't quite carry.
    Mathews stared back at LRT with an incredulous look in his face, not acrimonious, just befuddled. LRT too was visibly shaken for the next few seconds. .
    Great leadership Captain Matthews. As if he's never done it before.

Back on the issue though, we must get preferential umpiring from here on in. (dont tell me it doesnt happen). Geisham couldnt admit it was game costing, but he language certainly conceeded that.

He was last seen being put on that special train we had organised for Barry Hall a few months ago.
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

The whole "you kicked inaccurately so you lost the game yourselves" approach by the umpires is the biggest line of bull in the history of sport. If we lose a game entirely because of inaccuracy, that's fine and dandy but if we lose it because inaccurate kicking let the other team in and then the umpires finished the job, that is unacceptable. According to this theory, the umpiring can be totally incorrect and as long as we make at least one mistake it's not "entirely" the umpires fault. It does not lead to accountable umpiring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123