Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Newman proposes Swans take AFL to court

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Looking forward to On the Couch too.
    Don't forget its at the earlier time of 7:30 this evening with the All-Australian awards at 8:30.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    Don't forget its at the earlier time of 7:30 this evening with the All-Australian awards at 8:30.
    Is white line fever on before it? I'm too lazy to go into the lounge room and check.

On the Rookie List
    The grey area of umpiring will always present problems but the biggest concern re. the Barry free kick is that it was so unnecessary, apart from being wrong. As some critics have suggested, they should stick to the obvious ones, not focus on incidental rubbish. Their first task should be to get the bread and butter ones right.
    LIFE GOES ON

OldE
    No White Line Fever tonight.

I'm keen to hear what the ex-umpire (forgotten his name) has to say on Tuesday.

Originally posted by Snowy
    The grey area of umpiring will always present problems but the biggest concern re. the Barry free kick is that it was so unnecessary, apart from being wrong. As some critics have suggested, they should stick to the obvious ones, not focus on incidental rubbish. Their first task should be to get the bread and butter ones right.
    That's one thing that really ****s me - it had absolutely no impact on the play so why award a free kick. It's these stupid technical decisions - whether right or wrong - that are harming the game.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Ultimately, we lost because we did not score as much as the opposition. We had our chances to win in the last minute, and almost pulled it out of the fire. Inside the last minute of play, we managed to kick the ball into our forward line three times. Schneider marked it once and got a goal. Had one of the other two kicks been marked by a Swan instead of Gardiner, we could have pinched the game.

We are right to feel hard done by with the umpiring, but it's not the end of the finals yet. Our path to glory is now harder, but it is not insurmountable. Let's focus on next Friday's final against the Cats. If we win that, the Saints await our arrival on the MCG turf on September 17. I believe the winner of this final will win the flag.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Raise your hand for a WCE vs Swans re-match.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by BonBon
    I'm hoping we get one in the Grand Final. What a game that would be!
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'd like to see that.

Revenge would be sweet

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    Had one of the other two kicks been marked by a Swan instead of Gardiner, we could have pinched the game.
    Was actually big Cox... I remember it well because we were sitting that end of the ground

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by TheHood

My honest feeling is that Geishen is a poor administrator who had the audacity to say that the error beared not on the result? Do you think he could take 6 from 2 to equal -4.

The first review from the AFL in October should be to find a new Umpires Chief!
    I agree big time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast