Thread: Thompson's comments - Geelong Advertiser

Thompson's comments - Geelong Advertiser

http://www.geelonginfo.com/readartic...rticleid=17078

We took our reserve side up there (last time),'' he said
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Veterans List
    "Thompson said he would instead rewind back to round 22, when Richmond played similarly defensive tactics to the Swans, to give his troops a refresher course on how to sandbag the flood.

``The Richmond game was a messy game, but we've got so many positives out of that, on how to play that footy because that's what it's going to be this week,'' he said."

I hope he just keeps saying "they are only the Tigers in Red and White". Is Bomber as much of a dill as he appears via the fine literary standards of the Geelong Advertiser, or whatever?

Ah yes, of course. We are the only team that floods. Yawn.
    Visit my eBay store -

10% off for mentioning RWO when you buy. Great Christmas presents!

Veteran Site Admin
    Thompson seems to be ignoring the fact that there was a mighty wind blowing for most of that game that made it hard to attack one end of the ground. Richmond's tactics of throwing men to one end of the ground were largely a counter to the conditions.

Add to that the fact that Sydney has a forward line far more able to punish a team on the scoreboard, and I can't really see how the two games are likely to unfold similarly.

Yes, go on... We are just like Richmond. Prepare as if we were Richmond..

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything the Addy says. I always read it when I'm down in Geelong, and it's not uncommon to have 80% of the sports pages on the Cats.. even in summer!

Printed stright out of the Kardinia Park changerooms, I swear

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by desredandwhite

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything the Addy says. I always read it when I'm down in Geelong, and it's not uncommon to have 80% of the sports pages on the Cats.. even in summer!
    Printed stright out of the Kardinia Park changerooms, I swear
    I work there and I don't read it much! I thought you all would get a laugh out of the story!
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Go Swans Always
    I went on white line fever and said I felt that some coaches should not make many comments. Maybe like think before they say or just virtually words about nothing.
    Love those Swans

We shouldn't be too hard on Thompson. The interview was for the local paper and you would expect him to be upbeat and build up his teams chances. The interview was for local consumption. Seems fair enough to me. Words cannot hurt us but interest in the game is good.