Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sunday Age's draw prediction

The Sunday Age's draw prediction

Round 1, 2006:
    Essendon vs Sydney
    Saturday night
    Telstra Dome.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

How about Sydney vs West Coast, Stadium Australia?
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Premiers should commence the defence of their title at home.

Yeah yeah. Home game round 1 in 2006 please!

I'm coming back to Australia for 2 weeks next year, timed for round 1 - will fly wherever the Swannies are playing and a premiership flag unfurling would be very pleasant indeed.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Charlie
    How about Sydney vs West Coast, Stadium Australia?
    The only reason I can see for not playing a GF replay in round one at the winner's home ground is that its a bit harsh to make the losers of the previous season's GF be there when the winners unfurl the flag (we've already had to watch your lot get their medals after all).

The Grand Final replay should be on Anzac Day, rather than this bollocks about some tradition that excludes pretty much everyone that doesn't support the Pies or Bombers.
    Blue and Gold 'til I die

Originally posted by Mr Q
    The only reason I can see for not playing a GF replay in round one at the winner's home ground is that its a bit harsh to make the losers of the previous season's GF be there when the winners unfurl the flag (we've already had to watch your lot get their medals after all).
    Perhaps... but at the same time, they've done it the last three or four years (and wasn't it sweet seeing the looks on those Dons and Pies faces ) and I can't for the life of me see why not this time. It would be a guaranteed 70,000 crowd out at Homebush.

Disappointing.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Charlie
    Perhaps... but at the same time, they've done it the last three or four years (and wasn't it sweet seeing the looks on those Dons and Pies faces ) and I can't for the life of me see why not this time. It would be a guaranteed 70,000 crowd out at Homebush.

Disappointing.
    At least you'll be getting a match before Round 10 down there mate. So I wouldn't be complaining too much there Charlie.

Would be better to have it at the MCG I reckon. Would draw 60000+. With an INVASION of rossobianchi coming south of the border (including new Swans convert Norris Lurker LOL)

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    As I see it the Flag should be unfurled at the SCG NOT Telstra Stadium, so for my 1st home game (please let it be round 1) Sydney vs Geelong or St Kilda
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    At least you'll be getting a match before Round 10 down there mate. So I wouldn't be complaining too much there Charlie.

Would be better to have it at the MCG I reckon. Would draw 60000+. With an INVASION of rossobianchi coming south of the border (including new Swans convert Norris Lurker LOL)

JF
    Oh, playing early in Melbourne suits me fine. I don't see the need for round one though.

I presume that I'm not being criticised for 'complaining' about Melbourne getting a game, though? That would be one for the books...
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Regular in the Side
    Is the Age's draw likely to be correct or is it just a guess?
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

The most important thing of all is for the Premiership flag to be flying over the S.C.G. The club has built its Sydney history there, so thats where it must fly. Olympic stadium is good but it has'nt seen enough blood to justify the raising of the flag there.

For me, Round 1 - Sydney v anyone.

As long as its at the S.C.G
    Last edited by Ganjaman; 27th September 2005 at 11:07 AM.
    Go the BLOODS!

Originally posted by anne
    Is the Age's draw likely to be correct or is it just a guess?
    That's what I want to know. The prediction was in another paper yesterday, so if more than 1 paper have the same guess, it must be right? No?

The Age even had odds for the flag next year. I couldn't believe what I was reading. St Kilda to win, with Sydney and WCE equal 2nd. How the hell can you jot down odds for a season that hasn't even started yet? It could all be irrelevant next year. St Kilda may be the bottom of the ladder!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast