Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: Stuart Maxfield retires

I think it was the last hammy injury that Heath suffered that officially said enough's enough

Regarding all these retirements, do we have any players who are going onto the veterans list next year? Because to my knowledge there's none, but you never know when one slips under the radar.

Originally posted by gossipcom
    I think it was the last hammy injury that Heath suffered that officially said enough's enough

Regarding all these retirements, do we have any players who are going onto the veterans list next year? Because to my knowledge there's none, but you never know when one slips under the radar.
    Nope. Mick and Leo are the next two who'll be eligible.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Sad, but expected, I guess. Thanks Stewie for your commitment and dedication over the years...you were a gun with that raking left foot...I hope you can be involved in some way with the club in the future...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

On the Rookie List
    They did mention that if he retired they'd look at him as a Melbourne based coach... i can't expect him to have any role with the club thats based in Sydney... due to his outstanding commitment to his kids.

He will be missed... no no, not more tears, and here i was thinking they were over after the parade today! Onya Stewie... legend!

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've loved seeing your left foot bang from outside 50 on the run!
    You are a star and stand beside all the Swans greats!!!!!!!!!!

Gone but not forgotten!!!!!!

Very disappointed that Stewie (unless I blinked and missed it) didn't get a berth in the parade.

Anyways, no point cryin' over spilt milk. Apart from being a fantastic leader, Stewie was one of those rare players who was still playing at his peak at 33 yoa. Some achievement. I hope he's appropriately acknowledged tonight.

Originally posted by SimonH
    Very disappointed that Stewie (unless I blinked and missed it) didn't get a berth in the parade.

Anyways, no point cryin' over spilt milk. Apart from being a fantastic leader, Stewie was one of those rare players who was still playing at his peak at 33 yoa. Some achievement. I hope he's appropriately acknowledged tonight.
    Just got back from the Dinner and each speaker acknowledged the contribution Stuey made to the club. It was terrific recognition for a magnificent ambassador for this club

Thanks for the memories Stu you will be missed.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veterans List
    In fact Roos said that Stewie can lay claim to being the greatest captain the Swans has had. And that's w Barry Round, Bob Skilton and Kel all in the room. It was acknowledged that he and Roos set up the winning culture that resulted in last weekend's result.

Originally posted by Go Swannies
    In fact Roos said that Stewie can lay claim to being the greatest captain the Swans has had. And that's w Barry Round, Bob Skilton and Kel all in the room. It was acknowledged that he and Roos set up the winning culture that resulted in last weekend's result.
    Richard Colless said tonight that the board has given the footy department a mandate to use Stuey in some capacity. Maybe as a Melbourne based assistant coach, that would be ideal.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

gee thats disappointing news considering how close he was to the 300 game mark but i do hope that he gets a role within the club next year and beyond

i wish him all the best in the future and thanks for the memories stuey - you were a star
    Roosy = LEGEND

This has started me bawling.... I think I need to go to the doctor...it's all become too emotionally draining.
    Thanks Stuey for everything ,she types on a soggy keyboard. The best bit is that a Tigers supporter friend of mine was always running you down. How sweet it is.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Wonderful captain and led by ethic. Hope he remains with the club in some capacity

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast