Thread: Everything a bit flat?

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar

Everything a bit flat?

Did anyone else feel that the whole game was a bit flat, unexciting, even dull? I know the players were a flat after beating last year's premiers and runners up in successive weeks, but even the crowd seemed to be lifeless and dull. Little cheering like the previous week...Even Luffy made mention at the AM that it seemed flat...
    We came away feeling really like " yeah we won, but so what" then went to see Matrix2...now that REALLY leaves you feeling flat and "what the XXXX was all that about?"
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

Well basically I think we went into the last 2 weeks with nothing to lose - so it was a big thing when we beat both Collingwood and Brisbane. In contrast, we approached the Geelong game a bit more cautiously because we were expected to win, so we HAD to just go out there and do the job on the day. When we won, it was simply because we had to. I was more relieved than elated after the game, as opposed to the week before.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I felt it was flat.... particularly the last quarter.... but most of the game was my scrumbly than exciting.... just occasional bits of excitement.

A lot of the people around us weren't there and it was really hard to get a cheer going. By the 4th quarter, even I was struggling (and that's saying something!).

Quite enjoyed the AM though.