Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled games not re-scheduled

On the Rookie List

Cancelled games not re-scheduled

The games that were called off last weekend due to the rain have not been re-scheduled, 5 teams did not want to play it as the only time was the long weekend and too many players would have been away so the SAFL this year is only 17 rounds,The SFA are still going ahead on the long weekend, here is the draw

Saturday 7 June
    Penrith V Sydney Uni
    Nor West Jets V Wollongong
    UNSW/ES V Southern Sharks
    Holroyd - Parramatta V UTS

Sunday 8 June
    Manly ? Warringah V Macquarie Uni

Regards
    Luffy

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar

hi troy where is balmain playing

hi troy when and where is balmain tigers playing
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever

On the Rookie List
    We are playing Sunday at 2pm at Drummoyne Oval against St George

On the Rookie List
    Troy,

I've missed the tigers 2 last games so I might have missed him, has Merrick Watts has pulled on the boots ?

Cheers

On the Rookie List
    Not yet, he has been our official runner but he hopes to play a game soon, he keeps getting injured as he hasnt played for about 10 years

Senior Player
    Will do it to you every time...............

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar

hi troy im going to canberra but ill be at your next game

i hope balmain go well on sunday ill be at the next game for sure
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever

You really need to question the charter of a number of SFL clubs in their decision to abandon the Round 4 games. How are we ever going to move the game forward in Sydney when the clubs dont even want to play for the 4 points!!

Surely the League needs to decide these matters and not take an "Ask the Audience" approach finally coming up with two different decisions for their different competitions.

On the Rookie List
    Balmain wanted to play as did 3 others but we had the luxury of being able to play thursday night, the other clubs didnt thats why they chose not to play as too many players would have been away. A game of football should not be called off in the first place, this is not the leagues fault, its the councils that manage the grounds

Troy is right, its the councils that basically say wether sport can be played in this city.

In something of a first of its kind, at yesterdays Balmain vs Saints game the council ranger came down during the 18's game and asked that the centre bounce be moved off the cricket pitches in the centre to the side for the rest of the day.

Im not sure how much difference it made but i have never seen that happen before.

I am a bit confused here you say that that some clubs didn't want to play because there would be too many players away - does this mean you don't have a reserve grade comp. If you do, surely a club should be able to field at least a first grade team.

Also, Troy, why would you need to play on a Thursday night. Doesn't the comp have a bye weekend or something.

It seems to me to be very strange that a football club would not want to play football .....?

On the Rookie List
    Our game that was originally set down for a Friday night so we thought it might be easier to play it on the Thursday night as the ground wasnt available for the Friday of the long weekend and your right , the games should have gone ahead regardless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast