View Poll Results: Which was the better comeback Final?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1996 PF v Bombers (By a Plugger point)

8 13.56%
  • 2005 SF v Cats (The day Davis came to Savis)

48 81.36%
  • I was too young to remember.

1 1.69%
  • Jumped on the bandwagon post '96 and don't know.

2 3.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which was a better comeback Final?

Versus Essendon was amazing - I really thought we'd lost - but the Swans were always within range.

Against Geelong, we'd kicked 3 goals until early in Q4 and were almost 4 goals behind. To win in that circumstance is the better comeback.

As well as not having rested the previous week, coming back from Perth and the close loss etc etc.

Blog Entries
    Jumped on the bandwagon post '96 and don't know.
    I know a few who jumped on the bandwagin post prelim 05 and would have no idea what you are talking about.

double vodka lemon pls
    if you had asked me 6 months ago without a living doubt I would have said the bombers game...but the pure emotion that the geelong match still brings out of me just exceed the bombers game....

hmm..I think I might have a late night tonight and watch the replay of both matches and get back to you all tomorrow
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

I think that some people need to get ovet their issues about bandwagons. <rollseyes>
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

double vodka lemon pls
    I personally could not agree more....the more the merrier on our wagon....

Regular in the Side
    Better comeback? Geelong. Better and more enjoyable game? Essendon.

I was only a teenager in '96 and ever optimistic (hey, I kept going to the games in the 'dark years' didn't I?) so I thought we were always a chance. Last year I thought was going to be our year and I was SO disappointed with the performance in the first half of the Semi I thought they'd blown it. What a great comeback though!
    Life's not a spectator sport

double vodka lemon pls
    just thinking about the one pointer by plugga just put a chill down my spine....I am undecided again.

The wording of the question means there can be only one answer - 2005 SF !! The emotional swing of this game was far greater than the 1996 PF - even the 2005 GF didn't have the same extreme downward swing.

If Joffa was a Cat the gold jacket would have been out after the first goal of Q4. The game felt like it was all over. I was still trying to feel postive but it wasn't easy.

Then came Nick Davis............to Savis!! How prophetic was that? The club should get hold of that banner and preserve it.

All four 2005 finals were extremely memorable - someone will make a movie of it one day. I'm surprised there isn't a book out already.

double vodka lemon pls
    I think every swans fan could make a book on their own journey, I know I could, from spitting the dummy post match at the kings cross club to waiting in queue for that grand final ticket...

Originally posted by j s
    The wording of the question means there can be only one answer - 2005 SF !! The emotional swing of this game was far greater than the 1996 PF - even the 2005 GF didn't have the same extreme downward swing.

If Joffa was a Cat the gold jacket would have been out after the first goal of Q4. The game felt like it was all over. I was still trying to feel postive but it wasn't easy.

Then came Nick Davis............to Savis!! How prophetic was that? The club should get hold of that banner and preserve it.

All four 2005 finals were extremely memorable - someone will make a movie of it one day. I'm surprised there isn't a book out already.
    I'm with JS on this one. Nick Davis was the person who saved the campaign - and he had to kick a major for us to get over the line. And there was still one centre bounce left. Also the fact that I felt like I was going to faint from the nerves.

Whilst Pluggers point in the '96 prelim was just as spectacular - it was drawn - and the siren had already gone so you knew that either way he would score be it a goal or a behind. And I didnt have that "I'm going to faint" feeling.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Originally posted by Wardy
    - it was drawn - and the siren had already gone so you knew that either way he would score be it a goal or a behind. And I didnt have that "I'm going to faint" feeling.
    I was terrified that his kick might go wide or fall short and not even score a point.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by cruiser
    I was terrified that his kick might go wide or fall short and not even score a point.
    1996 was 10 years ago, so I am sure that the desperation of that moment has faded a little in memory - the SCG was strangely quiet, I remember that feeling of terror - it wasn't like Plugger took it from the goal square. It was quite a long kick and it was the game that took us to our first grand final in many many years.

The feeling of terror was identical to the moments before Leo took the mark!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast