Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Burning Questions Answered?

They are proving the fact that they are biased against Sydney. As long as they believe that Sydney is not a worthy Premiership team articles liek this will pop up constantly. What would you expect from Melbourne jurnos anyways?

On the Rookie List
    It will be harder to stay under the Radar this year but it has served us well in the past couple of seasons. I love ready stuff like this..... Underestimate us "AGAIN" at their own peril!!!!!
    go bloods!!

Waiting for the call!
    Originally posted by stevej
    It will be harder to stay under the Radar this year but it has served us well in the past couple of seasons. I love ready stuff like this..... Underestimate us "AGAIN" at their own peril!!!!!
    It's one thing if the media underestimate the Swans again. However, I don't expect that any of the other teams in the comp will make the same mistake ... unfortunately!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Pommie Swannie
    It's one thing if the media underestimate the Swans again. However, I don't expect that any of the other teams in the comp will make the same mistake ... unfortunately!
    You are probably right PS. We will be targeted by every other club. But it always great to break the heart of the melbourne media who i can assure you will all underestimate us again this year.
    go bloods!!

Good assessment, Liz.

The only difference between Sydney and Adelaide is that we now have 21 premiership players on our list.

Same styles, very similar playing lists including under-rated / inexperienced ruck divisions.

Sydney's forward line is far more potent.

Seems ridiculous to write one team off and endorse the other as contenders.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I really like the way we can play different styles. We can be gritty, lock down the play, use the corridor, spread it out wide or play an expansive game. Our weakness compared to last year will be the ruck but in all other aspects we will be an improved side given the finals experience a lot of the younger plays now have. The other clubs do know how dangerous we are and the threat we pose.
    Leo Barry, You Star!

On the Rookie List
    the real problem with this whole concept of "questions" for 2006, is that they will be answered in the EXACT same way as the same "questions" were in 2005.. around 6pm on the last Saturday in September, only one team will step up on the dais.. and fifteen other teams wont.

Let's not kid ourselves by trying to predict what will happen. Sure, all of us who bought our Premiership Club memberships at the start of 2005 hoped to be there that day, but none of us really knew the ride we were on.

I say bring on September, and lets enjoy the ride! Go Swannies!!
    --------------------------------------
    It's an inanimate carbon rod!!
    - "The Simpsons"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12