Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Syd V Carlton Easter Long Weekend...who's going?

Syd V Carlton Easter Long Weekend...who's going?

Gday gang,

Just booked the flights and tkts for the Calrton game on the long weekend. Any non Melbournites planning on going to the game?
    Swannies for life!

Senior Player
    Yup,
    Flying down for a change with the brood (gotta use those points on something although the total ain't that much cheaper than sale tickets, whatta lurk for the airlines that's become ) to take our first look at Telstra Dome.

Haven't got tickets yet. Looked through a few of the threads about the Dome but any advice posted here about getting tickets sitting with other Swans fans would be helpful.

Originally posted by floppinab

Haven't got tickets yet. Looked through a few of the threads about the Dome but any advice posted here about getting tickets sitting with other Swans fans would be helpful.
    I wouldn't worry. Carlton are the greatest frontrunning supporters ever, given how they are going we will be the only ones there

Frequently many of those on this board meet up at the Colonial Hotel on King St before the game

I would be surprised if there were 30K at this game, even though we are unvelining the flag
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Yeah, I'll be going. Leave Sydney on Sat morning, stay in Melbourne overnight, then fly to Brisbane for work.

This jetsetting lifestyle is really getting to be a drag.

It'll all be worth it though, when we win.

Interesting trivia: Des has never been to see the Swans win at Docklands. Losses to Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, and That Draw. That will all change this year.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Originally posted by desredandwhite
    Yeah, I'll be going. Leave Sydney on Sat morning, stay in Melbourne overnight, then fly to Brisbane for work.

This jetsetting lifestyle is really getting to be a drag.

It'll all be worth it though, when we win.

Interesting trivia: Des has never been to see the Swans win at Docklands. Losses to Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, and That Draw. That will all change this year.
    That's OK The curse of Dr J was broken and so shall yours be.

At one stage DR J had been to about 15 finals to see us not win one and about 20 games in Sydney and we had not won one.

Shaplock he was. But like so many things last year ended that. We have a good record past 15 years against the scum
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Des has never been to see the Swans win at Docklands. Losses to Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, and That Draw. That will all change this year.
    This confirms the wisdom of my decision to come down for Bummers match and not round 3. I've heard about you before Des.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veterans List
    I sat alongside Des for the Grand Final and that turned out alright. I remember a few minutes before the siren I said "I reckon that, if we win, it'll be without another major" and he replied "dopn't say that, we're not there yet". And so it transpired.

Cheers Des & Ian. Still thawing out from the deep south but will be at the SCG for R2. Se you there - or at the Cross - for a season-starting round of drinks.

1/1 here at the Phone Dome - was there for last year's Carlton game.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Interesting trivia: Des has never been to see the Swans win at Docklands. Losses to Essendon, .....
    Yeah I remember it well, why do you have to bring up such horrible memories?

Originally posted by Mike_B
    1/1 here at the Phone Dome - was there for last year's Carlton game.
    I'm 4 and 1 there, the loss being the St Kilda game last year.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by goswannie14
    I'm 4 and 1 there, the loss being the St Kilda game last year.
    For Swans game at the Dome, I am 1/1

The win over Collingwood in 2003 and loss last year against the Saints.
    Swannies for life!

OldE
    I'm heading down for round 1, and my record is 2/1 at the Dome, and 3/2 in Melbourne overall, so I'm hoping those numbers don't even out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast