Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LRT at the Gabba

On the Rookie List

Sticking to my guns

Penga...all at least good players..Roos and Dunkley were great players...still I think this is the better backline. Why...they play better together...because they are flexible and they can adapt if things are going bad...i never get the sense that if things are going bad that we can't turn it around with this lot.

Perhaps they are coached better!

Senior Player
    I know which backline I'd prefer.

NMW is right, to use a basketball analogy, the Eagles played a game heavily relient on 3-point shooters. While it looks pretty when your on top and flowing, you need a Shaq-type posting up in the middle to win a championship/premiership. Bomb it long and hope for the best won't work when there isn't a key forward capable of sitting underneath.

LRT has really made the big time! Named CHB in Terry Wallet's team of the week on WLF last night. Seems most of us are very poor judges.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    LRT has really made the big time! Named CHB in Terry Wallet's team of the week on WLF last night.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Originally posted by penga
    you need a Shaq-type posting up in the middle to win a championship/premiership
    Not even the Weagles could fit Shaq under the salary cap!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jonathon Brown has 21 disposals, 14 marks and kicked 7.4 at 3/4 time. Extra kudos to Lewis for his job last week if the original praise was partly diminished by Brown's poor form?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by stellation
    Jonathon Brown has 21 disposals, 14 marks and kicked 7.4 at 3/4 time. Extra kudos to Lewis for his job last week if the original praise was partly diminished by Brown's poor form?
    And today.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by stellation
    With the ball he can be indecisive, his decision making suggests he is prone to panic, his kicking lacks precision, sometimes he appears not to know the rules, he looks ungainly, with arms flailing about and a somewhat ungainly run. Sometimes he falls over for no apparent reason . . . . . . . and yet . . . . . . . . and yet his effectiveness grows. It's a mystery, but a pleasant one.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

He played very well on Richardson too, one of the players Leo Barry has always struggled to play on. Roos is obviously planning to use him to match up on the taller forwards as he continues to improve in his reading of a game and so far he's delivering. It can't hurt Leo's game either to move him onto someone closer to him in size. I was a sceptic about LRT's contuned inlcusion early last season but I'm reasonably confident that the coaching staff know what they're doing, after all, their recent record is not unimpressive....
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Blog Entries
    LRT's biggest boo boo was when he played on when he was over the boundary line and stopped, then the umps called for a throw in.

Reminiscent of Leo a year or two ago.

I thought handballing to a player under pressure at least twice wasn't too far behind.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I thought handballing to a player under pressure at least twice wasn't too far behind.
    At least he did something with the ball on those two occasions!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast