Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passengers without 2005 credits

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I agree on Jolly's around-the-ground work. Very disappointing.
    Jolly is so slow to decide what to when he gets the ball, it is very frustrating.

Senior Player
    There are three words that describe Stephen Doyle - potential, potential and potential. I'm tiring of the promise that his name brings to the list. If he is our 'saviour' ruckman then we really are in strife. It's time to bite the bullet and blood Earl Shaw. The current two are a pair of billy-goats.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by swannieserin
    I find it interesting that only one person has named Jolly as a disappointment. (And in another thread which I've already forgotten - there are so many).
    That would be me.

I have been on his case since Round 1 and apart from the hit out fuss after the North game, Jols has been ho hum in all areas but particularly coasting outside of the stoppages.

When you consider the output from:

Cox (Seaby looks more likely than our boys)
    Biglands (old Clarke has more spark)
    Everitt (even Campbell has time and style going for him)
    White (knows how to sink a team, just ask Sydney)
    Lade (Brogan is their second stringer for heaven's sake!)

All of those blokes give their team height advantage at vital points of the game (outside of stoppages) and what have we got from Jolly and Chambers in 2006.

On Saturday night, Nathan Buckley outsmarted both of our ruckmen to directly set up goals from centre clearances.

Sorry to say, but Everitt for Jolly would have been the better option!
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

Originally posted by TheHood
    That would be me.

I have been on his case since Round 1 and apart from the hit out fuss after the North game, Jols has been ho hum in all areas but particularly coasting outside of the stoppages.

When you consider the output from:

Cox (Seaby looks more likely than our boys)
    Biglands (old Clarke has more spark)
    Everitt (even Campbell has time and style going for him)
    White (knows how to sink a team, just ask Sydney)
    Lade (Brogan is their second stringer for heaven's sake!)

All of those blokes give their team height advantage at vital points of the game (outside of stoppages) and what have we got from Jolly and Chambers in 2006.

On Saturday night, Nathan Buckley outsmarted both of our ruckmen to directly set up goals from centre clearances.

Sorry to say, but Everitt for Jolly would have been the better option!
    Give the poor guy a break! Our accuracy cost us alot on saturday nite. Jolly does ok! If we drop Jolly we will go even worse than we already are!
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Originally posted by jenky28
    Give the poor guy a break! Our accuracy cost us alot on saturday nite. Jolly does ok! If we drop Jolly we will go even worse than we already are!
    Sorry, but he doesn't go ok. He does what is neccessary in the ruck (gives a good contest) but he doesn't provide ANYTHING at all around the ground. When you see other ruckmen constantly taking goal-saving marks deep in the backline or providing matchup headaches up forward, you'll see that Jolly is not the Number 1 ruckman we need.

Im not asking for him to be dropped because unfortunately we just don't have anyone else.

His ineffectiveness is also a reason why Everitt is still linked with the Swans next season.

Originally posted by dendol
    Sorry, but he doesn't go ok. He does what is neccessary in the ruck (gives a good contest) but he doesn't provide ANYTHING at all around the ground. When you see other ruckmen constantly taking goal-saving marks deep in the backline or providing matchup headaches up forward, you'll see that Jolly is not the Number 1 ruckman we need.

Im not asking for him to be dropped because unfortunately we just don't have anyone else.

His ineffectiveness is also a reason why Everitt is still linked with the Swans next season.
    Well i dunno i definately cant see doyle or chambers filling the role down back either lol chambers fumbles hes give em the ball constantly!
    Jolly will improve he just need more help thats all!
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Veterans List
    Did anyone else think the Crouch-Didak match-up an unlikely one, even more so as the game went on? Not letting Crouch off the hook for an ordinary game but from almost minute 1 it looked like a poor fit.

Didak was too strong, quick and clever for Crouch on Saturday. It looked that way right from the start.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Didak was too strong, quick and clever for Crouch on Saturday. It looked that way right from the start.
    agreed, and if you'd asked me before the game I might have guessed that would be the case. So why did the coaching staff have Crouch still on Didak at minute 100 (as far as I could tell) while taller defenders like Taidhg & B2 were left to stand "lesser" forwards?

Didak was always going to be a potential game-breaker for them as ROK might have been for us if he'd kicked straight. Strange call I think.

So, after an ordinary game you guys are giving up on a quarter of the team ?
    These are the guys who got us to the halfway stage at 7-5, and admittedly they have been playing below par for most of the year but still managed to win a few. Are you the same fans who gave the team crap after the poor start ? And if we had have replaced the players you've mentioned I doubt we would have then won 6 in a row. Give them a break...

We should really be working on our discipline. we give away far too many free kicks, some undeserved, but most are there. The Collingwood players were ready for the turnovers and had 2 free players on the opposite wing each time. I could see it from section 628, row 3, so why couldnt the players and coaching staff see it ?

No one is giving up on a "quarter of the team" but there is no reason why there should not be some changes made.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Veterans List
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by NMWBloods
    No one is giving up on a "quarter of the team" but there is no reason why there should not be some changes made. [/QUOTE

Mathews
    Crouch
    Kirk
    Ted
    Nog
    Chambers
    Jolly

Closer to a third.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast