Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q for Melbourne Based Cheersquad

Originally posted by swantastic
    Oh yeh there ferrals too.
    In terms of the cheer squad the club was given 100 seats. It was basically first in best dressed and the club was buying extra seats for however many over the hundred who rang on the day.
    OUR EDGE IS REG

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by swantastic
    Doesnt matter where you sit they are all toothless ferrals down there at unskilled stadium.
    Geelong fans? Nah, the Geelong experience is a classic. A still suburban ground, with grandstands that look like bus stops from the 1950s. Heaps of grannies in the crowd as well. You get your drinks from the Mr Whippy van out the back of the ground.

Geelong fans are really quiet. They only clap goal rather than barrack (their Cheer Squad aside). You get heaps of rurals in their oiled-up Drizebones. Hearing the farmers talking about how things are going to each other is a complete classic. (If you you "dad & dave" it is very much like that).

The Geelong Grog Squad are part of Bay 13 at the cricket. They are pretty rough.One guy headbutted a Swans mate because he said Ablett was a wino they heard it.

Apart from that Geelong fans are pretty nice. Actually I'd say Cats supporters would be my favourite away supporters.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Apart from that Geelong fans are pretty nice. Actually I'd say Cats supporters would be my favourite away supporters.

JF
    You must be joking last time i was down there with my kids i nealy got into a punch on with some pissed morons after one of em had a crack at one of my kids for barracking to loud.I think the only thing that stopped me punching him in the mouth was that my kids were there other wise it would have been punch on.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Regular in the Side

JF
    No way. Didn't fear for my life like I did in Adelaide, but I was a wee bit scared of getting the crap belted out of me. Was quite some time ago (98? 99?), but it showed the class of Geelong supporters. We won by about 30 so they decided to pick on the two 20 year old girls in Swans guernseys - classy. They were very aggressive.
    Life's not a spectator sport

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    great news!

Got my ticket reserved for the match, I was lucky enough to get one
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

bleeding red and white sydneyswans1989's Avatar
    Geelong fans? Nah, the Geelong experience is a classic. A still suburban ground, with grandstands that look like bus stops from the 1950s. Heaps of grannies in the crowd as well. You get your drinks from the Mr Whippy van out the back of the ground.

Geelong fans are really quiet. They only clap goal rather than barrack (their Cheer Squad aside). You get heaps of rurals in their oiled-up Drizebones. Hearing the farmers talking about how things are going to each other is a complete classic. (If you you "dad & dave" it is very much like that).

The Geelong Grog Squad are part of Bay 13 at the cricket. They are pretty rough.One guy headbutted a Swans mate because he said Ablett was a wino they heard it.

JF
    This will be my first time down at geelong, i've heard negative things about the supporters & how cold it gets.

Seems I'm in for an awesome time, just need the swans to get over the line & then i might come home a happy one.

You making the trip for sure julz?
    Forget about Hall, it's all about Bradshaw

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
    This will be my first time down at geelong, i've heard negative things about the supporters & how cold it gets.

Seems I'm in for an awesome time, just need the swans to get over the line & then i might come home a happy one.

You making the trip for sure julz?
    Sure am mate! The wonders of all the Frequent Flyer Points I have from my trip overseas!

Still with FF points the taxes are nearly as much as a normal ticket SYD-MEL (AVV) on Jetstar. So I booked a seat for $59 on the 6:30am horror!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12