Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more votes would Goodes need...

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    I'm sure the brownlow is a given for Goodsey. He's a legend.
    After thousands (well, numerous) emails to the club begging and pleading my case, I believe Goodsey should have been made captain.
    Not only is he is our most decorated player (see list below), he has the unique ability to almost be in two places at one time.
    I remember his first game in 1999. Most impressive. At one stage late in his first season, I said to Glenny (who's been sitting next to me in the Brewongle for nearly 10 years) ... watch this kid, he's a brownlow medal-in-waiting. Thank God we didn't have to wait that long to see it.
    GOODSEY FOR CAPTAIN.

Adam Goodes
    Brownlow Medal 2003 (equal)
    Best and fairest 2003
    3rd best and fairest 2002
    All-Australian 2003
    International Rules Series 2001
    AFL Rising Star 1999
    Premiership side 2005
    Indigenous Team of the Century
    Personal achievement is not a Bloods quality.

I agree - he should probably be made captain next year, or at least co-captain.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by hammo
    Personal achievement is not a Bloods quality.

I agree - he should probably be made captain next year, or at least co-captain.
    Thanks Hammo.
    I see Goodsey's personal achivements as a direct reward from conducting himself wholly within the confines of the Bloods ethos and culture. Not that you'd see Goodsey make a song and dance ... again, Bloods ethos.
    The Brownlow after all, is your personal reward and acknowledgement for actually being the "best" and "fairest" of the competition.
    Goodsey is like Hird and Buckley .... legends in our lifetime.

GOODSEY FOR CAPTAIN.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

What a Legend
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by swantastic
    What a Legend
    Thanks swantastic.
    It's added to the Adam Goodes Wall of Fame.
    Try this one, it's my favourite.
    (Hope the attachment works, first time attacher and all !!)
    My friend reckons that in this photo he looks like Jesus.

CARN BLOODS
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

I'm impressed that your friend knows what Jesus looked like.

" Personal achievement is not a Bloods quality".........there goes Bobby Skilton!!!!!!!
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Originally posted by Sanecow
    I'm impressed that your friend knows what Jesus looked like.
    Thanks Sanecow.
    My friend goes to church. He's seen the pictures (well, what the church think he looked like anyway). If Jesus were around today, he'd be one of those blokes who had a "middle-eastern appearance".
    Unfortunately, the photo didn't attach. It was a photo from the Daily Telegraph. It was one taken a few months ago when the team were taking salt water dips one very, very cold Sydney morning. In the photo, Adam still had his full beard.
    He did look a bit like Jesus ... well, the pictures of him in church anyway!!
    Can someone tell me how to attach a photo from my desktop? I attached it at the bottom of the reply page, and it didn't work.

Goodes for captain? Dunno about that. I wouldn't object like, but who are you going to dump or are you gonna make him Captain No. 4 which is getting very close to the ridiculous.

A lot of different qualities needed for captain and different characters fit the bill. Take Maxfield as an example. Would Goodsey want it? Would the new responsibility stifle his omnipresence and freedom on the park?

Dunno about that one...
    Ar aghaidh chun bua 2007!

Originally posted by Eala ?ireann
    Goodes for captain? Dunno about that. I wouldn't object like, but who are you going to dump or are you gonna make him Captain No. 4 which is getting very close to the ridiculous.

A lot of different qualities needed for captain and different characters fit the bill. Take Maxfield as an example. Would Goodsey want it? Would the new responsibility stifle his omnipresence and freedom on the park?

Dunno about that one...
    Easy ... dump all three captains. Captaincy isn't a job you get forever (unless you're Bobby Skilton or Paul Kelly).
    Make Goodsey captain.
    Kirky vice.
    Goodsey would take to the added responsibility like a duck to water. He has all the qualities needed for captain and then some. He has the respect of his peers, the club, other clubs, the fans, AND the media. He is articulate, intelligent and a man amongst men. He's a fabulous role model for the game, for the team and the fans. He's a legend in the making. I've said it before ... in years to come, he'll be regarded with the same reverence that is reserved for players like Hird & Buckley.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    ... in years to come, he'll be regarded with the same reverence that is reserved for players like Hird & Buckley.
    He already would be if he played in Melbourne or was Victorian!
    I hear not what you say, for the thunder of who you are.

Originally posted by wheels27
    He already would be if he played in Melbourne or was Victorian!
    The upside of not being mexican is that the swannies fly under the radar.

The downside of flying under the radar is obtaining proper recognition for a job well done.

Whilst I realise that "personal achievement is not part of the swans ethos", credit should be due where credit has been earned.

As it is, I have to stay up till bloody midnight every Thursday to catch the AFL footy show ... it'd be a hundred times more worth it if they occassionally put a swannie on the panel. We ARE the premiers, after all.

Sorry, I'm sidetracking.

GOODSEY FOR CAPTAIN

The restaurant at the end of the universe
    On a slightly different tangent, you would think political organisations would be falling over themselves to get Goodes' services after his playing days are over.
    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast