Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chambers Retires?

So I would see I likely list changes thus far as Chambers, Williams and M.Davis with Mick to the veterans list.

Hopefully that means Willoughby and Moore will still be at the club.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Totally agree.

Has there been any confirmation yet??
    see this link Annie

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.as...ticleid=295674

Originally posted by ugg
    The name calling got to him. RWO strikes again.
    Gee, I now wish I hadn't put that bit in Wikipedia about giant calling him "Torture".
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
    see this link Annie

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.as...ticleid=295674
    What a waste that trade was .. thanks for the info.
    Cheers
    Annie
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    What a waste that trade was .. thanks for the info.
    Cheers
    Annie
    Nothing is a certainty in this caper whether it's trade, draft or whatever. Guessing how big ones heart is, and whether there's a long career in the offing would make a genius out of every recruiter in the country. Unfortunately things change for players for any number of reasons. Some have personal situations that bring them to a quicker decision career-wise. Others bite down hard and stay in the game ... and a tough game it is. I defy anyone here who has never played elite sports to really know how difficult this gig is, compared to simply having a job. I take me hat off to him for making the A-grade in the first place.
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Wot The Boot said, plus a question. Actually, some questions.

There were reports that Chambers was on a 3 year contract. In fact, here's one.

But (this is a big one that could shake footy forums to their core) is a link to a mainstream media story that asserts something is true, actually enough evidence that it's true? You would struggle to say that our mainstream media have an unblemished history of scrupulous accuracy. Especially where the story makes the assertion as a bland fact, without ever specifying its source. Does the line of reasoning 'well, it got reported and the club never denied it' somehow bolster the credibility of the journo?

So: is Chambers actually on a 3-year contract? Or has a whole lot of hot air been wasted on decrying a decision that the club never actually made?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by SimonH
    There were reports that Chambers was on a 3 year contract. So: is Chambers actually on a 3-year contract? Or has a whole lot of hot air been wasted on decrying a decision that the club never actually made?
    What suggests that there is no 3 year contract?

Originally posted by SimonH
    Wot The Boot said, plus a question. Actually, some questions.

So: is Chambers actually on a 3-year contract? Or has a whole lot of hot air been wasted on decrying a decision that the club never actually made?
    Well he'd have to be on a minimum 2 year contract as per trading rules.

You could see how Chambers could get disallusioned. He's moved to a new city, had an unsuccesful run in the seniors, ended up playing in canberra for half a year and now looks like being 4th choice ruck if everitt comes.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by barry
    Well he'd have to be on a minimum 2 year contract as per trading rules.

What rule is there to say you have to offer a traded player a two year contract?

Originally posted by The Boot
    Nothing is a certainty in this caper whether it's trade, draft or whatever. Guessing how big ones heart is, and whether there's a long career in the offing would make a genius out of every recruiter in the country. Unfortunately things change for players for any number of reasons. Some have personal situations that bring them to a quicker decision career-wise. Others bite down hard and stay in the game ... and a tough game it is. I defy anyone here who has never played elite sports to really know how difficult this gig is, compared to simply having a job. I take me hat off to him for making the A-grade in the first place.
    Paul Chambers was never going to be a success at Sydney or any other club for that matter. A passing glance at his career at Geelong would have suggested he is not cut out for the big league. My first HOTW was on Chambers and I stand by my original comments. My second was on Ben Mathews and I stand by those too. Why they DRAFTED him will forever remain a mystery given that Geelong intended to delist him anyway. Hook line and sinker. I sort of feel sorry for the guy they. He got up and moved interstate and all he got was a few dozen kicks (after the first eight weeks), a new nickname and plenty of flak from RWO. Best of luck to the bloke. I hope he finds something for which he has a natural aptitude.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

33 Years of Support Alibi Monday's Avatar
    It's such a shame.

He may not have been the greatest player, but he's achieved far more in sport than most of us ever ever will. To have that rubbish on wikipedia about his below par record performances is an insult to someone who moved states and gave it his best. No one wants to carry that millstone for the rest of their life.

Best of luck in the future Paul. Hope you get a more forgiving crowd in the next venture, cause you actually seem like a nice bloke.

Blog Entries

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast