Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOL's serve to the WC ferals

Bandwagon Driver australian_made's Avatar
    Originally posted by anniswan
    I think I did it to Richo, he doesn't like me
    Yeah, ive copped a fair spray from richo before. he REALLY doesnt like being taunted after a poor kick at goal!

In MOL's defence, he was being ridden pretty hard by those dirty wet coast players. they love themselves so much, and are treated like gods in their little one horse town, that they think they can do what ever they please.

we put them back in their place tonight.

Im at the one horse airport right now, wearing my jumper (and grin) with pride
    If the siren sounds in Tasmania, and the umpires don't hear it, does it make a sound?

Regular in the Side
    Was it not more a case of MIckey just continiong on with his own celebrations rather than having a go at the wc fans? That's how it seemed to me.....go mickey

Originally posted by peterss
    Im part of the Eagles Cheersquad and we didnt abuse or taunt MOL all night...Well not from what i heard or saw anyway.
    I'm part of the Swans Cheersquad and like hell some of your Cheersquad didn't at some stage during the match taunt Micky or any of the Swans other forward or even our defenders. Heck I'm not stupid, I know what Cheersquad's get upto and trust me we DON'T sit there like little angels with our mouths shut for the entire match. Maybe you, yourself didn't taunt Micky and if you didn't well fair enough and full credit if that is the case but don't be so dumb as to think that you can come on here and state that as a Cheersquad that each and everyone of your members DIDN'T direct a comment towards Micky or any other Swans player at somepoint thoughout the match. There are too many member of the Swans Cheersquad both in Sydney and in Melbourne to let that past.

One thing is for sure the original member of your cheersquad that Micky went up to after the goal was kicked is shown on just about EVERY Eagles match saying something to an opposition player who dares come in his region be it to collect a ball for a kick in or after a goal in the manner which Micky did. If he or any or your Cheersquad didn't like it then maybe he or they shouldn't sit on the fence and hand out the crap that he or they do, otherwise he can stay where he is and cop what comes his way once every blue moon and tonight was that blue moon.

As has been said it is dangerous territory doing actions like MOL did tonight
    Yes it is dangerous territory for both Micky and the fans involved. But I'm sure the fans involved know that ANY undue contact with a player can lead a) to police charge b) being thrown out of the ground c) membership being ripped up and d) banned from the ground for life. I'm sure if they wanted to hit Micky tonight they knew the risks involved in such actions. But still your right Micky should be more careful in future because who knows what could of happened.

and the AFL dont tolerate it and they should crack down on any players who do so.
    The AFL do tolerate it. Only when it becomes a punch on or the player does something offensive do they act against the player. Next you'll be saying they should ban players who do fist pumps at away venues because it could "incite the crowd". Give me a brake
    Once was, now elsewhere

that @@@@head is a mess - ask ryan crowley what he's like haha
    Roosy = LEGEND

Nothing more to it than an exuberant outcry of elation from a young fella who's play an absolute ball-tearer of a game and who'd just kicked the winning goal for his team in a final.

Originally posted by peterss
    Im part of the Eagles Cheersquad and we didnt abuse or taunt MOL all night...Well not from what i heard or saw anyway.

As has been said it is dangerous territory doing actions like MOL did tonight and the AFL dont tolerate it and theyshould crack down on any players who do so.
    A cheersquad not taunting the other side.....give me a break. It always happens and you know it. To deny it happens is just playing with yourself. I don't have a problem with it happening occassionally, but if it is stopped, then they would have to stop the crap that goes the other way. eg the commetators commentwhen Baz was shooting for goal from the boundary line, "He's being given plenty of "advice" from the fans on the fence".

The abuse happens all of the time, in every game, if you don't like a bit of exuberance when you are getting beaten, then give up your seat to someone who can take the heat in the kitchen.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by W84
    Quite unprofessional. Just like Jeff Farmer, he did the same thing.

If a player from my team did this, I'd be very disappointed.

By the way, about the fat jokes, I have to ask- How many obese people in here are getting insulted?

Yep, I'm sure they're feeling very welcome.

Good win by the Swans.
    Hey mate, you'r a guest here, if you don't like it, piss off and troll somewhere else.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

I agree - I think Magic showed passion and fire in a ridiculously close and exciting game! He wasn't threatening, just fired up! He was copping it not only from the fans but that dirty Adam Hunter and why shouldn't he have been fired up?

I would have loved to have seen those Weagles supporters faces had it been someone like Gehrig running at them! I am guessing they would have been outta the stadium faster than their legs could take them!

I just thinkit would be much less of a game if the players and the supporters were unable to show their excitement and get fired up.....it would just be lack-lustre....
    BLT. BOG.

Football Terrorist
    Originally posted by Big Al
    On a bankers wage. As if
    You can get a reeally good @@@@@ for $130 odd.
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Originally posted by Swannette
    Was it not more a case of MIckey just continiong on with his own celebrations rather than having a go at the wc fans? That's how it seemed to me.....go mickey
    Not "jumping, celebrate or yell or pumping your fist" thing after each goal is a lost opporunity to pump up your fellow players.

MOL yell in the face can be done more discretely, not in the face-to-face to opponents. We wouldn't like it, either, would we?.
    We probably will be calling the opponent who does the same all kind of names. If it can be directed at the "paying" fans generally just abit further distance, it would be have been ideal celebration

If I am not mistaken, after kicking one goal by Sneider, he didn't do his"pump his fist" or celebrate thing. If it is the case, he should celebrate intensely to pump his own adrenalin, let alone his team adreanlin. Hall has done the great "pumping fist" thing yesterday &before. He should lead to galvanise the team. He can do it with more variaton to reduce the monotomy eg double fisted pumping, etc.
    if the celebration is done in unqiue way, it can "wake up or raise intensity" for example in british football, the player go certain corner & pumping their fist to their fans after a goal etc.

I say celebrate every goal intensely, let it demorailise your opponents just that little bit 1% and lift your team by 1% or at least neutralise your opponents intense celebration after their goal. This may be crucial in winning & losing for even games.

I thought MOL was quite within his rights.

The stunned mullet look on that bloke is priceless!!!

The same peopel criticising MOL probably think Hunter is a clean player.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by wyatt
    Nothing more to it than an exuberant outcry of elation from a young fella who's play an absolute ball-tearer of a game and who'd just kicked the winning goal for his team in a final.
    "young fella"? - now that's pushing it a bit

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast