Thread: Amon Buchanan and the Match Review Panel

Question Amon Buchanan and the Match Review Panel

Do we have a decision yet?

There is no decision to be made.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    Surely with his clean record.. ( 0 points to my knowledge). The fact that Cook wasnt injured, a 50 was given, there was no fists to the head, he was playing the man.. it would be an insane miscarriage of justice for him to be rubbed out.
    I'm Flyin' High...

There has been some comment about the incident, so I'm looking for an "all clear" like we got for O'Loughlin a fortnight ago.

The MRP would usually put out something saying "no charges this weekend", although surely Farmer has a case to answer.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Veteran Site Admin
    There is a post on BF discussing the MRP's comments on another incident they reviewed (from the Saturday game) but doesn't mention Monty. Can't see anything on afl.com.au

If the MRP has finished its review and thought Monty had a case to answer, I'm sure there'd be a thread on it by now. So hopefully no news is good news.

MEDIA RELEASE FROM THE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE
    The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has assessed the following incidents from the weekend's round of matches.

Charges Laid:

Jeff Farmer, Fremantle, has been charged with a Level One striking offence for striking Craig Bolton, Sydney, during the second quarter of the First Preliminary Final between Fremantle and Sydney, played at Telstra Stadium on Friday September 22, 2006.

In summary, while he does have residual points carried over on his record, he is able to accept a reprimand with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point), in play (no points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, which relates to a Level One offence, drawing 75 demerit points and a reprimand. He has a total of two matches suspended within the last three years, which increases his penalty by 10 per cent to 82.50 points. He also has 45.31 residual points from within the last 12 months, increasing his penalty to 127.81 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 95.85 points towards his future record.

Justin Longmuir, Fremantle, has been charged with a Level One striking offence for striking Barry Hall, Sydney, during the third quarter of the First Preliminary Final between Fremantle and Sydney, played at Telstra Stadium on Friday September 22, 2006.

In summary, he has a five-year existing good record and an early plea reduces the sanction to a reprimand and 42.18 points towards his future record.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point), in play (no points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, which relates to a Level One offence, drawing 75 demerit points and a reprimand. He has an existing five-year good record, which reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 56.25 points towards his future record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 42.18 points towards his future record.

Other incidents assessed: No Charge Laid.

The Match Review Panel reviewed contact between Sydney's Amon Buchanan and Fremantle's Troy Cook from the third quarter of Friday's match at Telstra Stadium. On viewing the incident, the Panel said Buchanan made a spoiling attempt in the contest. There was contact with both the ball and the back of Cook but the nature of the contact was not deemed to be a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

The Match Review Panel reviewed contact between West Coast's Daniel Chick and Adelaide's Martin Mattner from the second quarter of Saturday's match at AAMI Stadium. The Panel said Selwood made contact with the Adelaide player after he had kicked the ball. Although the contact appeared to be a bump, the vision was inconclusive and no further action was taken.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Good Stuff..Always confident he would get off.

Now for babygate...
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Originally posted by wenkytesh

Justin Longmuir, Fremantle, has been charged with a Level One striking offence for striking Barry Hall, Sydney, during the third quarter of the First Preliminary Final between Fremantle and Sydney, played at Telstra Stadium on Friday September 22, 2006.

Is this the one which resulted in Baz tripping over and then being pinged for HTB when he just lay on top of it?

If so, I reckon it is a joke that Longmuir gets even points c/f for it. It should clearly have been a free to Hall and one can only assume that the umpire just didn't see the high contact.

But surely it was accidental and pretty soft contact. There is no way, IMO, that Longmuir should lose his previous clean record for that.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by liz
    Is this the one which resulted in Baz tripping over and then being pinged for HTB when he just lay on top of it?

If so, I reckon it is a joke that Longmuir gets even points c/f for it. It should clearly have been a free to Hall and one can only assume that the umpire just didn't see the high contact.

But surely it was accidental and pretty soft contact. There is no way, IMO, that Longmuir should lose his previous clean record for that.
    I'm 99% sure if you see the replay, if it shows a wide angle of that event, the umpire closest to the play was at the back/diagonally behind Hally when it happened, thus not being able to see where contact was made.

I went nuts at the game as well, but after seeing it, there was no way the umpire could see where he hit him due to the way he was facing compared to where the ump was.

Suspended by the MRP
    finally a clear week leading up to a gf with no swans players being hung out to dry
    gotta say dunks and bazza last year really turns my guts in the lead up to the gf

feeling good.