Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm missing FoxFooty already

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Woodsy
    A B-Grade journalist at best.
    I won't other responding to what I think are some pretty misguided quotes on Foxtel, but I will take issue with you on Clinton.

I don't think anyone - including Grybus - has suggested he's a journalist. What he is is an outstanding presenter, articulate, well-presented, pleasant, passionate about the game, & a very good caller - in short, a perfect host of the best footy show on TV.

Parkville VIC after a lifetime in Sydney.
    Sports channels already cancelled. And I told them why. Still, as 7/10 own the rights, they can't do much unless they come to an agreement, which pig-headedness on BOTH sides has prevented.

Thank goodness for the net and radio streaming, I can sit in my loungeroom & listen live to 3AW & SEN!

Finally, if the AFL start their own channel, it MUST be part of the basic sports package. No point making people pay extra for ir if they want to use it to grow the game. Would you pay $5pm for a channel for a game you have only passing interest in?

RIP Fox Footy. May you one day return.
    COMPARE YOUR BROADBAND PLAN AND SAVE - www.SeeknBuy.com.au - $15 Connection CashBack OR Free Delivery
    ADSL - ADSL2 - NAKED ADSL - Business ADSL/SHDSL - 3G/HSPA - VoIP - 3c FAX VIA EMAIL
    Mobiles / Cap Plans & 3G Mobile / Broadband plans - 5c SMS - VoIP on your Mobile

Originally posted by peterh_oz
    Sports channels already cancelled. And I told them why.
    Same.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I will cancel sports channels as well. TV without FFC is BAD! I am going through my DVD collection instead.

At least there are some NHL games on Foxtel this season.

Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
    I am going through my DVD collection instead.
    Me too, but it is costing me a fortune in box's of tissues

Originally posted by Layby
    LOL!!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by Layby
    You have to stop watching Beaches - its turning you into a emotional wreck.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    At least there are some NHL games on Foxtel this season.
    Yep. Not much of a consolation but good to see my LA Kings on TV again.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by Woodsy
    A B-Grade journalist at best.

I lost all respect for him on his take of the anti-siphoning laws and the way he misrepresented the truth to push his paymasters barrow.

I miss FoxFooty but not at the expense of decent television viewing being denied to to all Australians irrelevant of their wealth (FREE-TO-AIR).

If Fox were fair dinkum about their commitment they would offer a decent price for their games (as they did this year) and get on with this.
    I didnt think you were an idealistic cmmunist Woodsy .

PS I agree about the free to air but as I have the means to pay and the relevant programmers in our great state dont provide overall coverage miss it a hell of a lot. Potentially seeing all games live next year will be great but would still like to see the dedicated channel for addicts like myself .

Regular in the Side
    Foxtel is struggling to fill the gap unless you like gripping sports like fishing, 57 varieties of boring car racing, replays of all sorts of things, including ancient cricket matches, strong woman contests, I could go on but you get the picture.
    I'll hang on for a while but..

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Originally posted by Gary
    Foxtel is struggling to fill the gap unless you like gripping sports like fishing, 57 varieties of boring car racing, replays of all sorts of things, including ancient cricket matches, strong woman contests, I could go on but you get the picture.
    I'll hang on for a while but..
    Don't forget the spelling bee championships and my favourite the Scrabble World Cup!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast