Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm missing FoxFooty already

Originally posted by cruiser
    The loss of Fox Footy is a disaster for the AFL and viewers in NSW and Queensland. I've already cancelled my Foxtel sports package and am going to just the basic package until my contract with Foxtel has expired and I'll cancel Foxtel altogether. I'm so @@@@@@ off about what has happened but still not sure who I should be @@@@@@ off with the most. At the moments its Foxtel CEO Kim Williams.
    Well he has form in this area - he was once married to that annoying woman who wrote Puberty Blues, - but now he gets personal lessons on how to really @@@@ things up from the master himself, his latest father-in-law - the former PM known as Gough. So there you are!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Blog Entries
    There is still hope
    FOXTEL has reactivated its bid to telecast four AFL games a week from next year.

Veterans List
    Interesting.

Grybus will have a very big role on either 7 or 10 next year.

Given the amount of money involved in the PBL carve-up (PBL has a half share in the mob that owns Fox Sports), $55 million is a drop in the ocean.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Living in 2005
    Foxtel back in the mix...Had a feeling they might

Source

Regular in the Side
    but fox footy channel wont re-open it will go onto the new sports channel. i hope not ... for those of us who dont have foxtel 8 games a weekend on FTA would be bliss and i normally only see 2-3.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    bollocks to pay tv....

burn in hell Rupert!
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Originally posted by ScottH
    Why not? It was a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. (except the end result of course)
    Apart from the result, I thought it was a better GF than last year.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Woodsy
    Hopefully he can stick to football then and keep his personal uninformed opinions on media ownership laws to himself then.
    It's more likely his role will be football-related than special commentary on trade practices issues.

Uninformed opinions on media ownership laws will remain the responsibility of the various current affairs programs.

Originally posted by alison.z
    but fox footy channel wont re-open it will go onto the new sports channel. i hope not ... for those of us who dont have foxtel 8 games a weekend on FTA would be bliss and i normally only see 2-3.
    Was always gonna happen. Foxtel has too much to lose by missing out on footy. If they pick the games up, you can guarantee they'll show them on Fox Sports 3, which is only available to digital subscribers taking the sports package. This will continue their push away from the analogue subscribers and continue to streamline their customers into the kind of package deals they want them to have.

Another interesting sidenote to this is that apparently Fox Sports 3 costs an additional $80p per month for pubs. That's why a lot of them haven't taken it up yet, and why it's hard to find somewhere showing the A-League games atm. It doesn't cost any extra for private residences, other than the cost of the sports pack in the first place.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Almost Football Legend
    If you're desperate for a footy fix, and don't care what the game is, ABC2 are currently showing the 1970 grand final. Jesaulenko you beauty!!!
    There's always good news and bad news about Carlton v Collingwood games. The bad news is there's a winner, the good news is there's a loser.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    There's always good news and bad news about Carlton v Collingwood games. The bad news is there's a winner, the good news is there's a loser.
    LOL
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast