Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm missing FoxFooty already

I shed a tear at the end of 'On the Couch' last night.

It's a disgrace that Fox Footy is closing down and I too am going to cancel my Foxtel as soon as my contract ends.

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I think it's terrible. I loved being able to get a footy fix of whatever sort at whatever time.

On the Couch was one of my 'must watch' shows for the week.
    Same.

Living in 2005
    Fox Sports 3 would be pretty likely to run with a few AFL shows.

I wouldn't be surprised if WLF/On The Couch/League Teams (or similiar) were all retained to have an AFL presence on the channel.

Just as Channel 9 is running with a new Monday night football show next year.

Originally posted by Damien

I wouldn't be surprised if WLF/On The Couch/League Teams (or similiar) were all retained to have an AFL presence on the channel.

I reckon an equivalent to League Teams and On the Couch will exist on Fox - a bit like their NRL, EPL, NBL review/preview shows operate at the moment. A bit harder to see a nightly show like WLF running just because of the fact it would be nightly - can't see them giving up a slot every weekday evening for 6 months of the year.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Damien

Yes, but Channel 9 is only running the football show in Melbourne. I got Foxtel only for Fox Footy because we get nothing in Sydney. You would think that with so many people threatening to get rid of Foxtel that they would announce now what will happen next year. IMO they are waiting for the AFL to fund a channel and we can get whistle until then.
    There is no spoon

Almost Football Legend
    Got home from work today, instinctively typed 506 into the remote and nothing there. Then the reality hit me - no footy on TV.
    This sucks.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    Got home from work today, instinctively typed 506 into the remote and nothing there. Then the reality hit me - no footy on TV.
    This sucks.
    Bwahhhhhhhhh! I miss Clinton.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    This sucks.
    Sometimes I still go to 506 - just to reminisce...

Met some bigwig from Foxtel while I was on hols. He said that once the 9 deal was stuffed, Fox Footy was always dead. And now they've spent a mozza on the A League ($250m over 5 yrs he said!!!) & a lesser amount on the cricket there is virtually no chance of footy being seen again on Fox. D'oh.

Originally posted by giant
    Sometimes I still go to 506 - just to reminisce...

Met some bigwig from Foxtel while I was on hols. He said that once the 9 deal was stuffed, Fox Footy was always dead. And now they've spent a mozza on the A League ($250m over 5 yrs he said!!!) & a lesser amount on the cricket there is virtually no chance of footy being seen again on Fox. D'oh.
    Yep, can't see shows like On The Couch existing if Foxtel don't have the rights.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by hammo
    Yep, can't see shows like On The Couch existing if Foxtel don't have the rights.
    Foxtel didnt come up with the concept for on the couch that was originally on Channel 7 but at like 10:30 on a Monday night
    "I feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes... Sydney Swans are all around me and there everywhere i go. A premiership is there beside me and thats all i know"

Only $1 for a cornetto that is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!

I wish the AFL did its own TV channel, they could pull it off I reckon. All they need to do is sell it in the UK and I will be over the moon.
    I will be a member again when I return.

Considering Foxtel just returned a profit for the first time, it would be a financial disaster for them to be without footy now. They will lose a huge amount of subscriptions. Both 7/10 & Foxtel need each other for this deal to work, but the antipathy they have for each other is making a deal very hard to nail down.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast