Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay TV Deal completed - to be announced Monday...?

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    I would of expected some sort of announcement now.......whats the go?
    Yeah I would have expected it by now also...

Perhaps finer details are being worked out but they have an in-principle agreement?

Thing that concerns me is that it is only radio in Melbourne that has reported on this, the print media hasn't at all from what I can see.

I am guessing they have come to an agreement though, it's just the timing now.

Parkville VIC after a lifetime in Sydney.
    Expect an announcement late today or tomorrow (online) for Thursday's papers. Final draft is being sent to the clubs today (SOURCE1, SOURCE2 , SOURCE3).

BTW go to the "football" link on that last source - check out the new Port Power clash strip! YUK.
    COMPARE YOUR BROADBAND PLAN AND SAVE - www.SeeknBuy.com.au - $15 Connection CashBack OR Free Delivery
    ADSL - ADSL2 - NAKED ADSL - Business ADSL/SHDSL - 3G/HSPA - VoIP - 3c FAX VIA EMAIL
    Mobiles / Cap Plans & 3G Mobile / Broadband plans - 5c SMS - VoIP on your Mobile

Originally posted by hammo
    snip ... It will be interesting to see how the scheduling goes. If only one Sunday game is to be on FTA, does that mean the Swans home match will be at 2pm or still the early start?
    I hope it's a 2pm start. I hate the 1pm start, it stuffs up your whole day.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    I'm glad you put that smilie in Annie!!!!!

And by the way, I'm still not feeling any better.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

According to the Australian, ABC has entered the fray with its digital channel...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...3-2722,00.html

I don't think the ABC will be outlaying any cash so 7/10 would still prefer a Foxtel deal. Time will tell.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by BeeEmmAre
    I'm glad you put that smilie in Annie!!!!!

And by the way, I'm still not feeling any better.
    BMR ... you'll be right pet. By round 1 2007, you're gunna be saying "what grand final loss". I prescribe lots and lots of alcoholic type bevvies. They make you forget lots!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Originally posted by hammo
    According to the Australian, ABC has entered the fray with its digital channel...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...3-2722,00.html

I don't think the ABC will be outlaying any cash so 7/10 would still prefer a Foxtel deal. Time will tell.

ABC2 have been playing a few old, old games of late, late at night (now the the SAFL and WAFL have finished for the year). I'm quite enjoying it ... black & white ... what a concept!!
    They could be trying to do a deal like the indigenous station (iripangi???? I can't recall the name of it now). They play most games every weekend. My friend in Coffs subscribes to it, that's how he watches it.

Late Night Legends on ABC2 are showing St Kilda v Hawthorn 1971 Grand Final tonight at 11pm.

This statement (from the article) doesn't make sense....
    Whether this solution would be approved by the AFL is unclear, given that ABC2 can be viewed only via a digital set-top box or Foxtel.
    Why would the AFL not be happy with that choice when they would by happy with Foxtel only?

Personally I would be quite happy with ABC2

Originally posted by j s

Why would the AFL not be happy with that choice when they would by happy with Foxtel only?

Me too! I've got Digital TV as well. Bring on ABC2!!!
    (Me being selfish, of course)

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    BMR ... you'll be right pet. By round 1 2007, you're gunna be saying "what grand final loss". I prescribe lots and lots of alcoholic type bevvies. They make you forget lots!!
    It'll take a bit longer than that.

And alcoholic bevvies take a bit longer to work when they're being watered down. If you get my drift.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by j s

Same - and the thing is, the Government want people to convert to digital TV either via new TVs or Set Top Boxes, so this would be the first worthwhile product available that would make non-Foxtel people upgrade.

I know in Tasmania, since the third commerical TV channel was made available as a digital exclusive, every house I go to down there has digital TV available. I think AFL on ABC2 could have the same effect - especially in the AFL states of course.

If I was the minister responsibile, I'd be organising some emergency funding to give 7/10 a fair price. I think there would be some great benefits.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast