Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Hero to zero story....

Originally posted by Gary
    Another response to "Its all Goodes".
    Nothing will ever explain the Fields - Daniher trade...it left me speechless when it happened...Fields was already showing signs of fade...& was always "iffy" anyway. Knew him a bit & skills were silky at his best but always vulnerable. Daniher had just given us a great year in tandem with Teasdale...arguably the worst Swans trade ever made.
    We threw in Neale Daniher just for the hell of it, and was reputedly, the best of the Danihers if not for his crippling knee injuries.

John Roberts after talking all those spekies to nothing.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
    Jason Saddington, Silvio Foschini, Paul Morwood....
    Silvio Foschini is an interesting one.

Knew a bloke at the time who was a close friend of his and he said he came back to Melbourne simply because he was desperately homesick.

Unfortunately he went to the club closest to home being the Aints who were bigger Aints back then than they are now. He did play some good footy for them but suffered a very bad shoulder injury. So I wouldn't say he went to zero.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
    We threw in Neale Daniher just for the hell of it, and was reputedly, the best of the Danihers if not for his crippling knee injuries.
    Just as well we threw Neale in. If he had stayed and played umpteen games with us he would probably be coaching us.

What about Bernie Evans. Was a terrific player for us and went on to play 30 odd games for Carlton (I think he played in their losing 1986 GF and missed the premiership the following year with suspension)........well I guess he didn't go to zero....

Veterans List

Re: Best Hero to zero story....

Originally posted by Ajn
    The other article on RWO Chat made me think of the reverse with players we have lost and how they went at other clubs....

My award winner for this catagory is Barry Mitchell who went from star player to deadbeat at two different clubs

P.S. Warrick Capper is not too far behind (perhaps needs his own catagory!!)
    Mitchell is not a bad call. In the season before he defected he was feeding off the ruckmen's marks and running around behind them for the free handpass. There were rumours he was leaving and just appeared to be getting cheap stats to lift or justify his price. Didn't get missed at the Western Oval one day by those in the outer when we were kicking into a howling gale and he was taking the handpass and kicking about all of 2 metres to the opposition.

Didn't kick much further with the wind the little weasel.

Capper.
    Honestly, he's our most "famous" hero to zero.
    C'mon kids, it's off-season ... it's time to Capper-bash.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

As much as it grieves me to say this about my boyhood hero, Graham Teasdale went from zero at Richmond, to hero at the Swans to zero again when he asked to be traded to Collingwood.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    Capper.
    Honestly, he's our most "famous" hero to zero.
    C'mon kids, it's off-season ... it's time to Capper-bash.
    If Lucky knickers gets wind of this you will be in serious trouble Annie.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    As much as it grieves me to say this about my boyhood hero, Graham Teasdale went from zero at Richmond, to hero at the Swans to zero again when he asked to be traded to Collingwood.

Yes have to agree he did his knee and was finished. Also add Greg Smith to Collingwood. Paul Morwood and Silvio Foschini to St Kilda and David Ackerley.

Originally posted by originalswan
    Yes have to agree he did his knee and was finished. Also add Greg Smith to Collingwood. Paul Morwood and Silvio Foschini to St Kilda and David Ackerley.
    What about the much publicised recruiting of David Young? Wore number 14 played a few crap games then buggered off to Collingwood.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by goswannie14
    What about the much publicised recruiting of David Young? Wore number 14 played a few crap games then buggered off to Collingwood.
    Talking of publicised and much anticipated recruits how can you go past Stephen Allender!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast