Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I finally watched the replay...my thoughts

I finally watched the replay...my thoughts

After 10 weeks, I finally sat down yesterday and watched a replay of the GF.

A few observations:

Schneider was better than I thought, some good defensive tight stuff.

If Davis produces 25 games next year like the game he produced in the GF, I doubt our forward line can be stopped, unless of course Hall produces 25 similar games. We will never get big numbers from Davis, but he did everything expected and then some. Three goals + robbed of one when the scump set the mark 2 metres outside the 50 when he clearly grabbed it 2 metres inside the 50 (I remember blowing up at the game).

Apart from the obvious fumble. Buchanon again was OK.

Richards has been spoken about at length, but if we won the game, Kirk would have won the Norm Smith by a street, simply sensational.

Finally, the West Coast non-hand shake issue was an overblown beat-up. Nearly all the players shook hands or at the very least acknowledged the youngsters with a pat on the head and a smile.
    Chick should be shot, he reefed the medal out of the kids hand and put it over his own neck and didn't acknowledge the child at all. Poor form, but what you'd expect from him. Similar with Hunter, although he did let the kid put the medal around his neck. Obviously the Wirrpunda one was what got the ball rolling as it was so noticeable with the young indigenous kid left standing like a shag on a rock with his hand outstretched, but in fairness, I believe the majority of his teammates have copped an unfair rap over this issue.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Nothing those @@@@ers cop is unfair
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Senior Player
    I sat down, only last week, to watch the replay. Got halfway through the leadup and turned it off. I'm usually not too bad at watching a loss, but this one is different.
    C'mon Chels!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Can not. Will not watch that match. Soft i know, but i've managed to block the whole weekend pretty well.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Re: I finally watched the replay...my thoughts

Originally posted by BBB
    After 10 weeks, I finally sat down yesterday and watched a replay of the GF.

A few observations:

Schneider was better than I thought, some good defensive tight stuff.

If Davis produces 25 games next year like the game he produced in the GF, I doubt our forward line can be stopped, unless of course Hall produces 25 similar games. We will never get big numbers from Davis, but he did everything expected and then some. Three goals + robbed of one when the scump set the mark 2 metres outside the 50 when he clearly grabbed it 2 metres inside the 50 (I remember blowing up at the game).

Apart from the obvious fumble. Buchanon again was OK.

Richards has been spoken about at length, but if we won the game, Kirk would have won the Norm Smith by a street, simply sensational.

Agree, particularly re Davis and Schneider. It also isn't the type of game that reflects well in stats. For example, I think Malceski was good, better than his stats showed. I also think the game reflected very much a sprint by WCE to kill the game off early and a more measured effort by Sydney over the game. Doesn't mean Sydney expected to be so far down at half time, but I think WCE went into the game thinking the longer the game went on as an arm wrestle, the less likely they were to win.

Just wondering what anyones thoughts were about the Baz mark on the 50 in the second qrtr. The Eagle on the mark, ran over the mark without play on being called. Our thoughts were either it was play on, and Baz probably would heve been pinged for HTB, or it was a 50 m penalty. But the maggot, not sure what to do, put the Weagle back on the mark and told Baz to take his kick. No interpretation of the laws would have allowed this, it either had to be a free/50 but not the status quo.

It's been bugging me since it happened, so just wondered what others thought.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jeffers1984
    Can not. Will not watch that match. Soft i know, but i've managed to block the whole weekend pretty well.
    Not soft. Normal.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I never watched '96 again. I will probably never watch '06 again even though it is a better game than '05.

The only good thing about '05 is we won. I struggle to watch it regularly as it is not great football, but I watch it occasionally for the excitement of winning. I tend to flick through and hit the highlights.

It's a pity the game we won was not a bit more like '06.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods I never watched '96 again.
    I did. Well, the 1st quarter. Then I turned it off and left it too my wonderful young-boy-imagination that we went on to win.

*sigh*

What's done is done. Look to the future, which you can change, and not the past, which you cannot.

wow, profound. where did that come from?
    10100111001 ;-)

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I never watched '96 again. I will probably never watch '06 again even though it is a better game than '05.

The only good thing about '05 is we won. I struggle to watch it regularly as it is not great football, but I watch it occasionally for the excitement of winning. I tend to flick through and hit the highlights.

It's a pity the game we won was not a bit more like '06.
    What's so great about the '06 game? it's not like it was a showcase of skill by either side, certainly for no longer than 10 minutes per quater.

Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
    What's so great about the '06 game? it's not like it was a showcase of skill by either side, certainly for no longer than 10 minutes per quater.
    There was nothing 'great' about it - it was just that it's marginally better than the slugfest of non-scoring that was 2005.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    There was nothing 'great' about it - it was just that it's marginally better than the slugfest of non-scoring that was 2005.
    Obviously there's an element of bias here, but I genuinely thought '05 was an enthralling contest. Sure, there weren't a lot of goals kicked but it was rivetting stuff.

I've watched '96 in full once - and seen the first half several times.

Watched up until Malceski's goal of this year's. Didn't see much point in going beyond there.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast