Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Federal Government throws $25m at Swans home ground.

Senior Player
    I'm sure no-one here seriously thinks that the SCG trust didnt do their sums!
    It's ALL about revenue...ALL!!

I don't understand why anyone is even questioning why they didn't try to make capacity larger - it's not like it's a constraint on most of our attendances.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    They could almost build a new stadium for that.
    Ah... not quite! Telstra Dome cost $450m and Telstra Stadium $650m, and they were built more than 6 years ago.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I think the new renovations will be terrific. The 2 video screens will mean every patron has access to a screen.

As well the SCG doesn't need to be much bigger than it is especially with Homebush available.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Ah... not quite! Telstra Dome cost $450m and Telstra Stadium $650m, and they were built more than 6 years ago.
    And what did Wembley cost to build?

(Glad I didn't have shares in Multiplex. My Qantas shares are looking quite good though.)

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    I don't understand why anyone is even questioning why they didn't try to make capacity larger - it's not like it's a constraint on most of our attendances.
    Three "not"s and one full-stop. 8 /10

Can you get the government to pitch in for a pool in the back yard?

Originally posted by Sanecow
    Three "not"s and one full-stop. 8 /10
    I'm not sure if it actually makes sense as written!

If the new stand does nothing else but make access out of the SCG from the O'Reilly side easier, then it will be a massive improvement.

At the moment about a third of the crowd all have to try and exit via the bottleneck behind the Randwick end goals.

You have to wonder why the Federal Government is committing any funds? Oh that's right, 2007 is an election year!

Cheers

Justice
    "Fredom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one" A.J. Liebling (1960)

Originally posted by Justice

You have to wonder why the Federal Government is committing any funds? Oh that's right, 2007 is an election year!

Howard could but Jason Recliners in every seat position but I still wouldn't vote for the pr*ck.

It baffles me why they dont extend the ground whilst they are doing all this, but then again the SCG trust are ars*holes too I guess.

Stupid collared-shirt enforcing traditionalist wankers...
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by Dave
    It baffles me why they dont extend the ground whilst they are doing all this, but then again the SCG trust are ars*holes too I guess.

Extend as in lengthen or widen the actual playing surface? Simple answer - it's already the perfectly sized cricket ground. Not to mention the exorbitant financial costs (yes, even relative to the $75m).

In any case, the current dimensions help us to clog up the midfield!
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Originally posted by Dave
    Howard could but Jason Recliners in every seat position but I still wouldn't vote for the pr*ck.

The Fed Gov are kicking in because Howard's a cricket tragic. Anything for his beloved SCG.

Where will they get the land to extend it further? As far as I know, the thugby league stadium is butted up on one side, the showground on the other, and if my memory serves me correctly (it's been a long, long, long time) - I think there could possibly be a lane behind the O'Reilly. (Don't quote me on this folks.)

I will agree about the SCG trust. They're a pack of tossers ... imagine trying to stop the mexican wave at the cricket. No wonder they get boo'd every time it goes around.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The MCC spent $450 million on the "G" to effectively reduce the seating capacity by 3,000.

Coming from Melbourne where we have two stand out stadiums with easy access to the ground via public transport or walking from the city centre, great viewing from all levels and easy movement inside the stadium and fantastic facilities for corporate and general fans you don't have to be a genius to work out that any money spent on the SCG to revive it is a good thing.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast