Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by swannieserin
    Just go to the soccer. Why make a fuss? The AFL won't reschedule a game because of a clash, it clashes with plenty of stuff plenty of the time.
    If you know that there are other things on you are not a real fan.

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    they have to fit the match in when their players are available. Considering the European season finishes in late May & the players normally need to get in 3-4 weeks to rest their bodies, they have a very small window where they can both play the game & hire Telstra Stadium.

The Swans-Essendon match isn't one of our big drawing matches to be honest either now that Essendon are crap.

JF
    You're not trying to say that the players are only available at that exact time on the weekend are you? The time they are available might be small, but surely there are other times on the weekend when the game could have been played. The FFA has deliberately scheduled the match in opposition to the AFL, it's pretty obvious.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    It's only a game.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by ScottH
    It's only a game.
    Thanks Paul. I suppose it would be fair to go to half of each?

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    Nah why do that when you can do this..TV.One game live and watch one on TV.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Originally posted by goswannie14
    The FFA has deliberately scheduled the match in opposition to the AFL, it's pretty obvious.
    Well you would be wrong there.

According to the FIFA International Fixture the Game could of only have been played on the 2nd or the 6th of June so that the National FA's involved could pick their players and not have their club's withdraw them without reason (which they could if the games were played on any other date).

As these are Asian Cup warm up matches Australia are playing on both dates (one game in Sydney and one game in Melbourne vs the Argies) and seeing as the G was booked for AFL on the 2nd (and the Argies are playing England at Wembley on the 2nd) anyway the FFA had no other option BUT to play the Uruguay match on the 2nd at TS against the Swans match at the SCG and the Melbourne game vs the Argies on the 6th.
    Once was, now elsewhere

If you know that there are other things on you are not a real fan.
    Note my use of the word "stuff". I only know about these things when JF tells me!

Blog Entries

Re: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    I wonder if the Swans are aware of the fact that a fair percentage of their supporter base follow the Round Ball Code as well.
    What sort of numbers are we talking JF? I reckon that the soccer will get the 'eventers' (that probably would not have got to see the Bombers anyway) and maybe a couple of thousand members. Those seats are paid for anyway. While I understand that it presents a pain in the arse for yourself, I cannot see the Swans being too worried about it.

I'm still dirty on my brother for getting married on a swans home game night ... still - go to the round footy; you'll kick yourself later on if something exciting happens and you miss it. You'll see plenty more swans.

(In saying that, we could kill the bombers by 180 points and I'd hate for you to miss that!!)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Whenever I miss Swans games something crazy happens.

Missed Cressa kicking the goal after siren because I was 15 and thought staying at my girlfriends would be a better idea.. and missed the North coming back from 40 points because I was hungover.

Not sure how I'm going to handle missing this whole season

Originally posted by adnar
    Whenever I miss Swans games something crazy happens.

Missed Cressa kicking the goal after siren because I was 15 and thought staying at my girlfriends would be a better idea.. and missed the North coming back from 40 points because I was hungover.

Not sure how I'm going to handle missing this whole season
    Well was it worth staying at your girlfriends that night?Why are you gouing to miss the whole season?
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Blog Entries
    Stay at home and use PIP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast