Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2- Socceroos match on same night as Swans

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by adnar
    Whenever I miss Swans games something crazy happens.

Missed Cressa kicking the goal after siren because I was 15 and thought staying at my girlfriends would be a better idea.. and missed the North coming back from 40 points because I was hungover.

Not sure how I'm going to handle missing this whole season
    I did in 1999. It was strange. I even watched a couple of swans games on CTV Sportsnet over in Canada. My Canadian housemates were rather curious as to it all so watched the match with me. They said they liked AFL footy!

But desperately needing a local sports fix I watched the CFL Canadian football & Blue Jays baseball team instead.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Jules,

if you add all of the Km's you've travelled around Aust to watch numerous Swans games, it might compare slightly to the amount you travelled last year to watch the Aussies in the world cup.

Go to Telstra and have a bud send you SMS updates. After all how often can you sing your lungs out at the footy (the way you enjoy) without being told to sit down or having something pelted at your head.

Too bad it's not at Aussie Stadium
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

I've got the same dilemma. Still, it's not like Aus v Uruguay is a qualifier, and I've paid my membership already so I'll stick with the Swans I'd say. Real shame though as I haven't missed Australia playing in Sydney for a long time.

Can you SMS me the scores if I go BAM_BAM?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Almost Football Legend
    I understand your pain. I've already made my decision and I'll be at the AFL, but I wish the soccer could have been played on the Sunday afternoon so I could have gone.
    If you do go to the soccer, can you SMS me scores. I'll keep you posted with the AFL scores.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I have a similar dilemma, this years Singapore Winkyathon in Phuket, clashes with the beginning of the Truffle rooting season in the Provence !

What is one to do ?

If anyone thinks they are in for a repeat of the WC qualifier you will be sorely disappointed. Soccer friendlies are mind numbingly boring. Besides all of the stars will be "injured" by that stage and won't be playing in Copa del Asia.

Don't worry its only soccer - go to the real game Sydney v Essedon
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Originally posted by swantastic
    Well was it worth staying at your girlfriends that night?Why are you gouing to miss the whole season?
    At the time it was

I'm going overseas on Friday for most of the year and will only be making a dash return if we make the Grand Final.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by BAM_BAM
    Jules,

if you add all of the Km's you've travelled around Aust to watch numerous Swans games, it might compare slightly to the amount you travelled last year to watch the Aussies in the world cup.

Go to Telstra and have a bud send you SMS updates. After all how often can you sing your lungs out at the footy (the way you enjoy) without being told to sit down or having something pelted at your head.

Too bad it's not at Aussie Stadium
    That would make it worse. I'd pass people I know who'll give me the death stare and will more than likely call me traitor etc etc. (Wait till Beaussie sees this thread; I will NEVER hear the end of it.)

I did it once back in 1992 when the Raiders played Souths at the SFS & the Swans played Fitzroy. Don't ever want to do that again.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    That would make it worse. I'd pass people I know who'll give me the death stare and will more than likely call me traitor etc etc. (Wait till Beaussie sees this thread; I will NEVER hear the end of it.)

I did it once back in 1992 when the Raiders played Souths at the SFS & the Swans played Fitzroy. Don't ever want to do that again.

JF
    Death stare > Death grip

Originally posted by ScottH
    Death stare > Death grip
    ... or squirrel grip
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

I fail to see what the problem is. It's Swans or nothing in my book.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast