Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blues Are Back!!

On the Rookie List

Blues Are Back!!

For those of u who are not aware but Campbelltown will be with all things going as planned, be back in the Carlton Blues kit this year. This jumper saw them win several premierships in the Sydney AFL, and be the most succesful club throughout the late 80's and 90's.

Saying this the boys out west, dont expect for fate to play into their hands with the new strip and realise that hard work must be done off and on the field.

It will mean alot to some players, due to the fact their fathers had played as a 'Blue'. I personally cannot wait till round 1 and running out in the new colours.

Go The Blues in 07'...

p.s i guess ill have to change my name from youngkanga
    Come On Boys Make A Noise...

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Blues Are Back!!

Originally posted by Woodsy

Was the Kangaroos thing a North Melbourne tie-up? I could never see why they left the old jersey in the first place.
    Yeah Woodsy, it was a way to which start affilation wif the kangarooos when they looked like moving up here, but if u remeber we were the panthers before the kangaroos in the blue and white colours.

We had intiated a deal with Panthers the Gaming Club to open a large entertainment and leisure venue simlar to what is out at penrith, situated around Monarch. So pretty much we would have had a fully licensed club behind us... but from wat i recall there was some goverment intervention, if thats the right word...and the plan was abolished.....so we were left wif the kangas jersey.

Hopefully with the change back will see a few of the old players who had become somewhat traditionalists, start comin back to the club...makin way for more support for the club and oppotunities in sponsorship etc.

On the Rookie List

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blues Are Back!!

Any chance for a licensed premises going forward? Would have thought there is some potential for that given the space you have out there.
    Naa peronally i wouldnt think so,, would be great way of course to fund the club...but isnt exactly the best area for such a club.

The Large space over the back of the monarch field, has now been developed into junior fields...hopefully this can spark a revival in junior development in the area and help provide an avenue for youngsters, to want to play wif the blues...something that has been lacking signifcantly in the recent past.

So is there a formal link-up with Carlton (ie. East Coast/WCE, Balmain/Freo etc.) or purely just wearing Carlton styled jumpers?

Young Kanga; any old players returning to the club for a run? If so, who?

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Henry
    So is there a formal link-up with Carlton (ie. East Coast/WCE, Balmain/Freo etc.) or purely just wearing Carlton styled jumpers?
    i can offically say there is no link with carlton, just changing jumpers..yet im sure the brains trust will be trying there hardest for some form of affiliation.

When there's a heritage round, what jersey will C'Town wear?

The Kangas or the Carlton styled jersey?

It's good to see a bit of tradition and heritage coming back to the League.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Booza
    Young Kanga; any old players returning to the club for a run? If so, who?
    Booza, i wont comment on whos back, ull be in for a nice surprise when u line up against the mighty blues.

Senior Player
    The state Govt did hit it on the head as they didnt want Panthers getting any bigger. To be honest I though I suspect he Local council may have had a hand in it given their corruct oasis development that they were pushing.

I remember a meeting with Valentine early in the peice of the North Melbourne alliance and was suprised at how poor they Kanga's were. He wanted to for an alliance that would see our better players over at Ctown and hopefully they would be able to send some others back our way (yeah right I remember how well that worked with Bankstown and StGeorge). Anyway we enquired about assistance with training gear and so forth and were told that North barely had the money to run themselves let alone assisting others.

Glad to see you back in the Blues jumpers. I would almost kill to be able to play in those colours rather than the Magpie colours I have been wearing.

On the Rookie List
    young kanga i pose yet another question to you or maybe some advice......... stop worrying about the off field happenings out there and campbelltown and start getting fit and getting your on field things right...... surely instead of typing this sort of stuff you could be out on a 5 km run..... just my opinion from an outsider looking in.......

Re: Re: Blues Are Back!!

I could never see why they left the old jersey in the first place.
    GUERNSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT DOESNT HAVE SLEEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet home Novacastria

Re: Re: Re: Blues Are Back!!

Originally posted by Pekay
    GUERNSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT DOESNT HAVE SLEEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [OFF TOPIC]
    Heheheee...My Mrs flew to Guernsey for work yesterday. When she arrived back, she told me of the sports store in the main street....

You guessed it...

GUERNSEY JERSEYS

(and for those of you who didn't know...Jersey is a neighbouring island)

[/OFF TOPIC]

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast