Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NSO game...any news?

Did anyone else think Nick Davis looked very tanned? I don't usually look at his skin, so i can't really remember but he seemed very brown tonight.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Interesting game.
    Some pretty poor skills but yes the intensity was there.

Seniors that impressed were:

Richards - Kicked 4 goals in the first quarter from some good grabs. He seems to like this NSO game as he kicked 3 in his debut game for us last year.

C Bolts - General in the backline. Consistent and reliable as always.

Malceski - Very quiet first half but came to life in the 3rd with telling drives into the forward line. Loving him in the midfield.

Nicky D - Looks alot fitter again and was a class above the rest today. Let's hope he keeps this up as he will be rewarded.

To the Juniors:

Simpkin - The guy keeps working his butt off. always in the packs and can find the ball...bargain rookie pick.

Laidlaw - Good closing speed on his man and great balance. Very confident runner with the ball and booming kick. Better version of Dempster IMO.

Thornton - Looks like he's put on some kilos and won alot of good one on ones. Tenacious and looks to have a good future.

White - I like the look of this "Unit". Big presence and seems to make a good contest. Got himself in good position to mark but didn't stick a few. Kicked a decent goal from about 40. Look out for JW as a bolter to debut this year...just got this good feeling about this guy.

They were my stand outs.

Jack im not too thrilled about. Hopeless disposal but has alot of endevour (See Paul Bevan).

Schneider and Moore's injuries looked pretty bad, Schneider especially as he has a bad history with hammys. Hopefully all will be okay.

AND FINALLY...

I could of sworn Nick Davis's checkside beauty from about 40 was a goal.........i was right behind it but was signaled a behind...WTF.

And also shoot the person in charge of the PA system...the @@@@ing nerve on him/her to play the start of the West Coast eagles song on the PA.
    Last edited by Jeffers1984; 16th February 2007 at 10:10 PM.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

most probably been in the solarium Did he have a gold chain tan mark?
    cheers

Regular in the Side
    I AM GOING TO KILL THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THE PA AT NSO!!!!!!!!!

NICK DEFINITELY KICKED THE GOAL !!!!!!

now we have got that out of the way .... laidlaw impressed me tonight and a few other youngsters has some nice touches. it was an encouraging game and great to see the boys back in action! nick davis is looking very fit and very fast and his goal (debatable) was a beauty! teddy was on fire for the first 10 mins of the first quater then went missing but was still quite solid. it was a fun night and apart from schneiderman - a good result ... bring on march 31!!!!!!!

Go Swans Always
    I might be dum about injuries - I also thought schneider did a hamstring - but they wrapped his ankle up?

Nick D has bulked up muscle wise on top and very slim around the middle. Looks good.
    Thought Jesse White was great - could slip into the side - well built and ready to go.

McVeigh was quiet. Bevan tried hard.
    Love those Swans

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info guys and girls.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by liz
    The other was kicked at the other end of the ground and its hard to see what's going on up there without the benefit of a screen. But it was an excellent shot from tight in the pocket and have a feeling it might have been the Schneiderman.
    'Twas the Schneiderman.

Left at 3/4 time but lots of fun & a huge crowd for a pre-season.

Surprised no one's mentioned Davis - he was pretty close to BOG for me up to 3/4 (even with SuperTed's goals). May be more midfield time ahead for Nick.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Mac
    I might be dum about injuries - I also thought schneider did a hamstring - but they wrapped his ankle up?

Nick D has bulked up muscle wise on top and very slim around the middle. Looks good.
    Thought Jesse White was great - could slip into the side - well built and ready to go.

McVeigh was quiet. Bevan tried hard.
    Thanks Mac. Someone put in the mandatory "Bevan tried hard".

Anyone else got the goss on how my mate Bevo went.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by giant
    'Twas the Schneiderman.

Left at 3/4 time but lots of fun & a huge crowd for a pre-season.

Surprised no one's mentioned Davis - he was pretty close to BOG for me up to 3/4 (even with SuperTed's goals). May be more midfield time ahead for Nick.
    No one mentioned Davis!!!

Struggling with eyesight are we Giant.

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    Jeff - You know Schneids played well - well he was untill......

AND THAT WAS A GOAL BY DAVIS, we did the mandatory "Massive" celebrations and everything.....
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

On the Rookie List LittleSchneider's Avatar
    Did anyone notice the NEW GUERNSEYS???

They are a new mesh material that breaths better - kind of like a body suit material, they were a lot smaller and a lot brighter than the previous ones.

They looked really smart and I bet the players feel they are better to play in too, just shows that the swans are ahead in all facets of the game.
    And the man who started it, the Schneiderman, can kick his third for the quarter. And the swans are in the Grand Final!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast