Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He's so hot right now

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    That can be done?
    I don't think so.... Well not the games I've been to....

When you're working on as tight a schedule is I do of two-beers-a-quarter and one for half time, it's very difficult to look at anything but the bottom of the glass....

Originally posted by BBB
    I can't believe you missed the opportunity to remind Nico that Paul Bevan has one as well !!

... and Davo!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    He has performed the roles assigned to him very well primarily a tagger or stopper, he is also an attacking player who can run the ball.

He reminds me a little bit of Mark Bayes in that he doesn't seem phased by the pressure around him.

But he still has to develop ball skills on both sides of body, this can come in time.

He is much better than Bevan
    sprite

Originally posted by Annie Haddad
    ... and Davo!!
    I knew Nico was a Bevan hater. Didn't realise that LRT and Nick were on his radar as well.

Originally posted by BBB
    I knew Nico was a Bevan hater. Didn't realise that LRT and Nick were on his radar as well.
    Don't worry, there's been plenty on that radar over the years!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Plugger46
    What a lot of rubbish that is.

Yeah he's racked up a flag and a near miss, but that's team success, I'm not sure it says a lot for him individually.

The 'finer' points of the game - what are these exactly? Just sounds like another vague cliche from you.

Where are these examples of him really starting to become an attacking player? I'm not saying that he can't add this to his game, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's about to be a really attacking onballer.

He has talent, but he needs to improve significantly and you are severely overrating what he has done thus far.
    Little Sir Echo.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by BBB
    Bevo is the only one on my radar at the moment.

I think Annie is rather delusional at this point in her life.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
    Uh, i do note the 'finer' points of the game, and if you knew a whole lot about football, you'd also know that a premiership medallion doesn't make you a great footballer. Everyone gets a medal, regaurdless of how they perform.

I never said Dempster didn't have poise, or wasn't a good 'stopper', but the fact is he still needs to add more to his game. He's got the skill to be a champion in my opinion, hence the reason i think this year and next, are his chance to really prove himself, and cross that line from being a potential star, and become one of our top 5-6 players.
    So when did I make the bold assumption that a premiership player is automatically a great player?

I didn't say that you said Dempster didn't have poise. I was making my statement based on my observations

You use the term champion rather loosely like many others. I doubt Dempster will be anywhere near a champion in time. I think he will be a very good footballer and probably a leader. Brett Kirk is a very good footballer and leader, but is not a champion.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Plugger46
    Don't worry, there's been plenty on that radar over the years!
    Name them sunshine!

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Bit of calm pleas eladies... Not even into the season propoer yet and we're all getting way to angry already!

Any chance of merging the thread "Dempster - He's so hot right now" with the thread "Inside the Swans Changerooms"...?

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Nico
    So when did I make the bold assumption that a premiership player is automatically a great player?

I didn't say that you said Dempster didn't have poise. I was making my statement based on my observations

You use the term champion rather loosely like many others. I doubt Dempster will be anywhere near a champion in time. I think he will be a very good footballer and probably a leader. Brett Kirk is a very good footballer and leader, but is not a champion.
    As i said, he has the skill to be a champion, i never said is will be one or is one. Don't mix my words to make a point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast