Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SCG light towers go missing

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    (yes I know stone me now!)
    Sounds like you already are! http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/for...ilies/wink.gif
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I dont follow the lead of WC players in the vice department.

Having dealt business wise with the SCG trust in the last few years, it is like dealing with children, in fact I feel that you would get more sense out of children. The Trust think that they are untouchable and treat "outsiders" with complete contempt. Its their way or no way and bugger the rest of you, thats pretty much their motto.
    Although I'm surprised that they hadnt slapped a heritage order on the light towers, that is the kind of stupid thing they normally do.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    As with Wardy's suggestion, everyone should bring along a torch, just turn them off every time the Dees have a shot on goal.
    Might be a idea for everyone to bring a torch, you never know when the temporary lights will go out.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Might be a idea for everyone to bring a torch, you never know when the temporary lights will go out.

Well yeah and what it its windy - they will be moving - that would sent a player nuts! yes poeple bring the torch and the eveready's!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

OK Julian, put those lights back

I know you are desperate to get the Essendon match changed so you can go and watch the Socceroos, but this is taking it too far.

I know you are good at smuggling oversize flagpoles around the country, but how are you going to fit the light tower in hand luggage???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    but how are you going to fit the light tower in hand luggage???
    ...just don't go there
    Once was, now elsewhere

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieando View Post
    ...just don't go there
    Close the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by robbieando View Post
    ...just don't go there
    Ahhh now I see. I always wondered how he got the long flagpoles in.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

The SCG Trust are an absolute disgrace. Without the Swans they'd only have a couple of cricket matches a year to keep them going. They owe the club in a massive way but you wouldn't know it. They don't care about anything except looking after their own nests, from the cynical way they have all entertainment based right in front of their stand ignoring the rest of the ground to the pathetic food and beverage servie they give us. Someone from the Swans and/or the AFL should have a serious look at the contract they have with the SCG and look at invoking penalty clasues at the very least.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is pretty funny.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The SCG Trust are an absolute disgrace. Without the Swans they'd only have a couple of cricket matches a year to keep them going. They owe the club in a massive way but you wouldn't know it. They don't care about anything except looking after their own nests, from the cynical way they have all entertainment based right in front of their stand ignoring the rest of the ground to the pathetic food and beverage servie they give us. Someone from the Swans and/or the AFL should have a serious look at the contract they have with the SCG and look at invoking penalty clasues at the very least.
    It is actually pretty even between football and cricket.

Five days of a test match - of which the first two or three are almost certain to sell-out nowadays. Plus around 3 one day internationals, again which sell-out or get close to capacity.

That compares with around 8 Swans games each year.

Revenue-wise, the cricket is almost certainly more important to them than the footy.

That said, the football is still an important source of revenue, and they probably receive more from the Swans as it is their main training venue.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Don't laugh - I was at that Springsteen concert at the SCG a few years back when the power went, not once, but three times.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast