Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: McVeigh

On the Rookie List DurrrtySouth's Avatar
    Obviously, the Swans are trying to justify using a high draft pick on him by playing him. It's ok to use him as a run with player if he stops the other player getting the ball and gets it a bit himself, but he does neither. He's taking up space that could be used to give a younger player (Tim Schmidt, Jarred Moore, Kristian Thornton etc.) Send him to Essendon with his brother. And send Simon Phillips with him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Needs to go. Agree last year he improved but hes gone backwards. Seconds for me to never to be seen again.
    I find some of the depth of vitriol towards McVeigh a little perplexing. Sure, he's struggling big time at the moment but he justifiably finished top 10 in last year's B&F, was deemed most improved player and showed the ability to do some good defensive roles AND the ability to go forward and kick clever goals as well as long goals from 50m out. A 21 goal season return is valuable for a player who didn't predominantly play in the forward line, especially for a team that generally finds it tough to get goals from the midfield.

He may not become the player we hoped a top 5 draft pick would become, but there is no reason yet to completely write off his AFL career.

That said, you can see his confidence deflated further every week. That simple shot he took at goal in the dying minutes of the game yesterday was about as unpressured as shots on goal get, given it was going to have no impact on the result, and the fact he didn't even manage a behind summed up his last month completely.

You only need a couple of players in a team to stop running and the whole side looks like it is not running, because the opposition is able to keep creating spare players on the overlap as the rest of the manning up team runs hopelessly from one contest to another. McVeigh is one who clearly doesn't want to run at the moment - almost certainly because he doesn't want to get possession, knowing there will then be pressure on him to do something constructive with the ball.

It must get to a stage where confidence is so low that its not going to return by being on the receiving end of more of the same. I'm not prepared to consign him to the recycling bin by a long way yet, but give him a couple of weeks to get leather poisoning in Canberra, with almost no defensive responsibility, and the chance to put in one of those 6 goal / 40 possession performances that he and Malceski used to rack up before they cemented their spots in the senior team. Let him go back and have some fun playing football again. It may be all he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I could write a 1000 pages on why he shouldnt be in the team.....
    [Mod edit: Text removed]
    Please read rule 2) Flaming/abusive threads and rule 3) Trolling of the RWO Rules.
    Last edited by Frog; 13th May 2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Violation of RWO rules
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

drop mcveigh

pleaaasssseeeeeeeeee

has not improved, has gone complete 180 from last year and is treading back towards 'hack' county.

everything he has done this year has peeved me.
    he is useless, please swap him with a youngster they need more time, brabazon or someone else.

looks like mcveigh is the the new boo boy of r&w online....i wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    [Mod edit: Text removed]
    Please read rule 2) Flaming/abusive threads and rule 3) Trolling of the RWO Rules.
    Garbage.

And they reckon the AFL umpires are inconsistent with rules for one and not for the other. They've got nothing on the inconsistency of moderation here.

Edit : Did you read the rules? Did you see this?
    Your posts may be deleted, without warning or notification at moderator discretion, for breach of any of the rules below.
    If you have any questions or concerns about post/thread removal, please feel free to PM a moderator or Email us at [email protected]
    Do not post your queries on the main boards. Such posts WILL be removed, without further explanation.
    If you have a problem with moderation, please PM a moderator, as requested.
    Last edited by Frog; 14th May 2007 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Official Warning. Further Violation of RWO rules.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    Garbage.

And they reckon the AFL umpires are inconsistent with rules for one and not for the other. They've got nothing on the inconsistency of moderation here.
    Suck it up.

Garbage.

At least the mods dont have HITB rule
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    OK... I admit it, I was wrong.

I defended McVeigh last week all over these boards because I still thought he had something to offer. But after Saturday night, he's just gotta go. Everytime he went near the ball it was a mess. On the few times he managed to gain posession, it was a clanger. It was just awful to watch.

Wish it wasn't so, but he seriously needs to be dropped. He's in a Key position and it's costing us week in, week out.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Another McVeigh supporter here. But his tickets have certainly run out. I really hope he can turn it around but it will have to be via the reserves where he won't do us any damage.

Just so depressing to see such a promising player go down the dumps so quickly.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I have openly been a McVeigh fan but this year I feel I backed the wrong horse. It is perplexing to see Schmidt and Moore relegated while Fumbles McVeigh keeps getting a game. There must be something the coaches see that we don't. Either that or he is doing what Roos wants!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List DurrrtySouth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor swan View Post
    looks like mcveigh is the the new boo boy of r&w online....i wonder why

because he's no good

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast