Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ablett on par with Abletts

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Gary Jr >>>>>>>>> NOG. Strange thread from someone who is so down on McVeigh
    Tell me 'Bart', are you also a scotty russell fan

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    There's no doubting the blood lines, those Abletts are all pretty handy footballers.

But as much as I'd like to, I still wouldn't say the Luke is the pick of the bunch. He's def a quality player that can win you games on his day, but he's not quite at the freakish ability of Jesus....

Regular in the Side
    and chosen in the AFLs team of the week, together with Irish and Malceski

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/New...x?newsId=43722

Well done aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbleeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!! !!
    Red and white till I die

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    There's no doubting the blood lines, those Abletts are all pretty handy footballers.

But as much as I'd like to, I still wouldn't say the Luke is the pick of the bunch. He's def a quality player that can win you games on his day, but he's not quite at the freakish ability of Jesus....
    Agreed, he hasn't got the freakish skills of Jesus...but I predict NOG will get better and better, particually his robust close-in work and his decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Gary Jr >>>>>>>>> NOG. Strange thread from someone who is so down on McVeigh
    Why is it strange that Ernie is an Ablett fan but can't stand McVeigh? I, for one am in total agreeance. I wouldn't give McVeigh the time of day and while he was passable on Sunday he still, in my opinion, is not up to scratch. Ablett on the other hand, week in and week out may not star, but at least contributes.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Tell me 'Bart', are you also a scotty russell fan
    Not sure why you are so down on Scott Russell, granted he didn't have a great year in Sydney, but from my memory of him as a player, I seem to recall a player who was pretty fast accross the ground, gathered the ball regularly, and could dispose of it cleanly on a regular basis, and chipped in for the occasional goal.

The stats I've managed to get on him have him comparing very closely to a player of similar ilk. One Paul Williams, who I might be guessing here but just may be a player you hold in high regard.

Russell's only crime was that he played on one season to many. He wouldn't be the only player to ever have done that.

So before you publicly deride a player, try and consider his whole career, not just the last five minutes.

Check out this link for a comparison of the two players mentioned.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerComp...t=Marks%20Desc

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post

be hard to get a kick at that family bbq

with shane travis and michael tuck gary gary jnr nathan luke geoff kelvin and len (the old uncle?) ablett
    Theres not much left to say

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Not sure why you are so down on Scott Russell, .

He was an ordinary, up and down, player for collingwood...and a terrible player for the swans. He was a prominent part of ;'the dark days of Eade's desperation trades' !....Please, he doesn't come near Willo as a player, regardless of the stats.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    be hard to get a kick at that family bbq

with shane travis and michael tuck gary gary jnr nathan luke geoff kelvin and len (the old uncle?) ablett
    I think Geoff has a couple of sons too who were both on AFL rookie lists a few years ago - Ryan and Michael. One of them played for a while at Port Melbourne too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Not sure why you are so down on Scott Russell, granted he didn't have a great year in Sydney, but from my memory of him as a player, I seem to recall a player who was pretty fast accross the ground, gathered the ball regularly, and could dispose of it cleanly on a regular basis, and chipped in for the occasional goal.

The stats I've managed to get on him have him comparing very closely to a player of similar ilk. One Paul Williams, who I might be guessing here but just may be a player you hold in high regard.

Russell's only crime was that he played on one season to many. He wouldn't be the only player to ever have done that.

So before you publicly deride a player, try and consider his whole career, not just the last five minutes.

How dare you let the facts get in the way of a good whinge!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    How dare you let the facts get in the way of a good whinge!!!
    Are you talking about facts or stats....Because stats rarely tell the whole story. There are plenty of examples of dodgy players with good stats and visa versa.

Regular in the Side
    Luke is blue collar ordinary but has heart & enough of a great bloodline to occasionally doing something out of the ordinary. He is not better than Gary Jnr., & perhaps Nathan will build up to something more substantial over time, but he can say one thing they will never be able to say, i.e. he is a better player than his dad!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast