Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ablett on par with Abletts

Ablett on par with Abletts

Luke Ablett has developed into a wonderful player, easily on par with the two Abletts down at the cattery....maybe not for skill...but an honest, robust midfielder with a booming kick, does some great work in close... Might not win games off his own boot , as is required of Gary jr, but a very important cog in the squeeky wheel, that is the swans midfield I reckon, like a good wine, he'll get better and better with age.

Yep, it shows when Luke is given a bit more freedom, as he appeared to have on Sunday, that he can get the ball out of the middle very quickly and with good effect. It was the best game that I have seen him play.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all three Abletts in Sydney?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    I think maybe he has taken a lot longer to get over the chronic back related hamstring problems. If I recall a few weeks before the season he was no certainty to front up until half way through the season.

If his form stands up then we are on a winner as the opposition dont seem to worry about him. The odd goal each week through lack of respect for him will do me.

Veteran Site Admin
    Not sure he compares with Cousin Gary for matchwinning ability and its far too early to tell about Nathan.

One of the most valuable things about Luke is his apparent lack of ego - I get the impression he really doesn't care about starring so long as he does the job assigned to him and the team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure he compares with Cousin Gary for matchwinning ability and its far too early to tell about Nathan.

One of the most valuable things about Luke is his apparent lack of ego - I get the impression he really doesn't care about starring so long as he does the job assigned to him and the team wins.
    I doubt he will ever look to be in the limelight again after 'that kick' in the '95 GF
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Out of the 3 Abletts i'd take Gary jr any time,but if Luke improves a bit i might change my mind.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I doubt he will ever look to be in the limelight again after 'that kick' in the '95 GF
    Was it really that long ago?

Veteran Site Admin
    This comparison reminds me of some fun I had at the Kardinia Park game last year. I was sitting with one other Swans fan in the Geelong members' area, having had a ticket arranged for me by a Geelong member.

Gary was one of the few Cats to have an ordinary game, while Luke was one of only two Swans players to have a pretty good game. We took much delight in barracking hard for Luke, wearing the filthy looks we got from all those sitting around us.

Sounds a little infantile, I know, but there wasn't much other fun to be had that afternoon and one has to make do with what opportunities present.

I guess you've gotta take what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Was it really that long ago?
    I hadn't noticed until then
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Gary Jr. is mercurial.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Luke Ablett has developed into a wonderful player, easily on par with the two Abletts down at the cattery....maybe not for skill...but an honest, robust midfielder with a booming kick, does some great work in close... Might not win games off his own boot , as is required of Gary jr, but a very important cog in the squeeky wheel, that is the swans midfield I reckon, like a good wine, he'll get better and better with age.
    Gary Jr >>>>>>>>> NOG. Strange thread from someone who is so down on McVeigh

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast