Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tipping

As there are no games this week, how about we pick the margin by how much Canberra will beat our blokes by.

i say 88.

Almost Football Legend
    I'll tip Canberra to win, but I think it will be closer than that. Rain and cold weather is forecast, which could be a leveller.
    Canberra by 21.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

act by 42

Sweet home Novacastria
    wet- 43

dry- 120+

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Seeing as it doesn't count to the overall stats, I'll keep the faith.
    Sydney in an upset by 22.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Premier League Top 10

1. Mark Irving (Campbelltown) 40
    2. Mark Livy (North Shore) 37
    3. Dale Fitzgerald (North Shore) 35
    3. Chris Murphy (North Shore) 35
    5. Gavin Raper (St George) 34
    6. Brett Bedwell (St George) 33
    7. Stephen Hudson (Western Suburbs) 33
    8. Ryan Fitton (East Coast) 30
    10. Aaron Crisfield (Pennant Hills) 29
    10. Alex Goodall (Pennant Hills) 29

SYDNEY AFL Representative team

B: 10. Max Collett (32), 19. Ron Wason (160), 25. Lloyd Shepherd (65)
    HB: 23. Mark Livy (2), 20. Troy Luff (39), 12. Declan Donohue (11)
    C: 7. Luke Stanford (0), 15. Alistair Richardson (c) (39), 3. Jason Fleming (37)
    HF: 5. Simon Webb (32), 24. David Coupe (74), 14. Justin Barratt (39)
    F: 1. Ben Rogers (0), 21. Matt Withers (35), 16. Troy Bartlett (16)
    Ruck: 22. Angus Darling (63), 11. Adam Lord (25), 6. Adam McConnochie (65)
    Int: 26. Luke Norton-Smith (16), 8. Mitchell Sykes (110), 13. Chris Lees (35), 4. Mark Egan (11)
    Emergency: 9. Stephen Hudson (6)

Swans Development match

Matt Carey (65), Sam Widmer (65), Aaron Crisfield (9), Damian Dell'Aquila (29) - Pennant Hills
    Michael Sawyer (16), Chris Murphy (3), Dale Fitzgerald (3) - North Shore
    Damian Bowles (29), Joel Curzon (179) - Balmain Dockers
    Ben Haberley (74), Joel Robbie (54) - St George
    Jeremy Kiel (136), Ed Kiel (74), Dane Rampe (0) - UNSW/ES
    Tim Kear (0), James Ford (0) - East Coast Eagles
    Sam Dowling (179), Mitch Hogan (83) - Wollongong
    Shanan Kershaw (110), Corey Everson (170), Matt Edwins (83) - Campbelltown
    Joe Cunnington (39), Tim Lambert (100), Ed Carroll (0) - Western Suburbs
    Paul Franchi (0), Will Overs (0) - RAMS

Only Livy and maybe Hudson in the senior team and Fitzgerald and Murphy in the development team.
    Considering the selectors would have watched a majority of games and players before picking their teams, does this suggest that only Michael Hosking is fair dinkum with his selections of best players?
    Brackets is where I have them ranked.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Does anyone know what the Canberra lineup is like?

Tipping blindly i'll have faith in Sydney and get us home by a couple of goals.

Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by shearer View Post
    As there are no games this week, how about we pick the margin by how much Canberra will beat our blokes by.

i say 88.
    Dont underestimate the continual improvement, development & strength of the Sydney Football League. About 10 years ago the SFL had not beaten the Riverina Football League for 14 years. It then happened due to a committed player & coaching group & since then, the SFL Representative performance has been dominant.

Now they are challenging the Canberra Football League which is well respected in Australia as a premier competition. Today the SFL earned respect. In the future I forecast the SFL will dominate.
    Last edited by burley; 10th June 2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo

Optimism

Dont underestimate the continual improvement, development & strength of the Sydney Football League. About 10 years ago the SFL had not beaten the Riverina Football League for 14 years. It then happened due to a committed player & coaching group & since then, the SFL Representative performance has been dominant.

Now they are challenging the Canberra Football League which is well respected in Australia as a premier competition. Today the SFL earned respect. In the future I forecast the SFL will dominate.

Just a question Burley, did ACT field there strongest side?

Side Strenght

Shearer,

Not really an approirate question as I could also pose did the SFL field their strongest side?

Games like this if treated with the appropraite respect have quality players right across the park & it then comes down to commitment, pride & coaching. (This is of course if the Leagues are comparitive in level such as the CFL & SFL)

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by burley View Post

They certainly did earn respect today. It would have been so easy for them to lie down and die when they were 5 goals down at the last change; but it was a great fightback. With a bit of luck - maybe if those posters from Wason and Lees had gone through or if Withers hadn't have had to go off in the last quarter - they may even have pinched it.

Shearer asked whether AFL Canberra fielded their strongest side. I don't know enough about their league to know - but Sydney had plenty of players out too, and still had a real crack today.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast