View Poll Results: Swans Vs Cats - Winner and Margin

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swans by >24.5 - Woo hoo... In your face Walls you steaming pile of monkey entrails... You don't know @@@@ about footy and you can take that and shove it where the sun don't shine!

4 9.52%
  • Swans by <24.5 - Game on kids... Still contenders.

17 40.48%
  • Draw..... ho hum...

0 0%
  • Cats < 24.5 - So they bloody should. Their home ground and they've looked good all year. They still don't impress me though.

6 14.29%
  • Cats >24.5 - Ouch... At least I didn't have to cop out $70 for two tickets and then sit in the cold for 3 excrutiating hours...

15 35.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 13 - Vs Cats - Winner and margin

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    38 point turn around over last weekend, us by 19 points (easy)!
    Should win by more but will concede a few late goals to the cats.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

One thing's for certain - we won't get smashed. We were as bad as we could've been last week and only lost by 19 points. Our style of play doesn't allow us to get smashed. We've lost 6 games this year, with our biggest loss being 25 points.

I have a pretty good feeling about this week. For some reason, we thrive on being the underdog. We also have a habit of knocking off sides on top of the ladder (St.Kilda in '04 and WC in '05).

The jury is still well and truly out on Geelong as far as I'm concerned.

If we play well - we'll win.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I think the scoreboard was flattering last week. Collingwood had 21 scoring shots to 7 at 3QT, and 26 to 17 at full time. That often equates to a lead of about 10 goals at 3QT and 5 goals at full time. I'm not sure that any particular or special style of play reduced the scoring shot difference.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    One thing's for certain - we won't get smashed. We were as bad as we could've been last week and only lost by 19 points. Our style of play doesn't allow us to get smashed. We've lost 6 games this year, with our biggest loss being 25 points.

I have a pretty good feeling about this week. For some reason, we thrive on being the underdog. We also have a habit of knocking off sides on top of the ladder (St.Kilda in '04 and WC in '05).

The jury is still well and truly out on Geelong as far as I'm concerned.

If we play well - we'll win.
    Yep agree Plugger,but we do need our top flight players to stand up and be counted, and we have to be tough and relentless at the contests and smash them hard.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    I think the scoreboard was flattering last week. Collingwood had 21 scoring shots to 7 at 3QT, and 26 to 17 at full time. That often equates to a lead of about 10 goals at 3QT and 5 goals at full time. I'm not sure that any particular or special style of play reduced the scoring shot difference.
    The result last week definitely flattered us, but the fact is - for whatever reason - we don't get smashed. We've been completely outplayed numerous times this year but have still been within striking distance late in those games.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Maybe they missed shots on goal because of our pressure.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    The result last week definitely flattered us, but the fact is - for whatever reason - we don't get smashed. We've been completely outplayed numerous times this year but have still been within striking distance late in those games.
    No, you're right. It is pretty rare that we get smashed. However, as I noted elsewhere, we did smashed a few times in 2004 and this year is not that dissimilar in some ways.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Maybe they missed shots on goal because of our pressure.
    There was pressure...?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3/Davo..With some subliminal goals.De ja vu
    I'd like to see that - with my third eye?

There was pressure...?
    some times
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Blog Entries
    some times
    It was all in their own minds.

There was pressure...?
    I think Collingwood were too busy laughing at us to kick accurately

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123