Thread: What's Cousns' comeback really says

Blog Entries

What's Cousns' comeback really says

about drugs...

They are not that bad for you. The junkie lifestyle is the killer, not the drugs them selves. Cashed up users who can still afford fodd, homes etc, can play elite sport. Time for the government to fess up and legalise them. Get the prices down so that people do not have to steal and beg to afford their drugs. That way they will be easier to rehabilitate too, and may be anle to pay for some of it themsleves.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A fair theory with a good example.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    ROK = Nick Naylor?

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    about ...

They are not that bad for you. The junkie lifestyle is the killer, not the them selves. Cashed up users who can still afford fodd, homes etc, can play elite sport. Time for the government to fess up and legalise them. Get the prices down so that people do not have to steal and beg to afford their . That way they will be easier to rehabilitate too, and may be anle to pay for some of it themsleves.
    I think watching zero body fat benny racking up 38 possession after 6 months away from footy in rehab does not prove anything in relation to the 'junkie lifestyle' and whether or not to legalise .

Talking specifics, dope, cocain, and ecstacy have well known side effects of a limited nature (probably no worse than alcohol) and I think could be legalised, or possibly decriminalised without society falling apart.

I can appreciate the arguements for legalising on the basis that harm done to the addict is through their own free will and harm done to others as a result of its consumption (i.e. having your house burgled, stepping on a needle) are the result of it being illegal. Not sold on the idea, but might be in the future.

Methamphetamines should not be legalised on the basis that their pharmacological effect is damaging to both the user and to others. Use of 'ice' is correlated with increased risk taking ual behaviour, and health effects in babies of users. Therefore legalising the substance (and therefore most likely increasing its use in society) will likely cause greater collective harm than keeping it illegal.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List DurrrtySouth's Avatar
    I went to the Telstra Dome with Mrs. DurrrtySouth on Friday night to watch her Bulldogs take on the drug cheats. I really couldn't care less about the Bulldogs, however I was heartened to hear the boos every time Cousins took his drug addled self near the footy. What really pissed me off however was the way the Illeagles fans (note, not supporters because everyone knows that Wet Toast aren't a real footy club, but a souless corporate 'franchise') cheered everything runaway Cousins did the whole night, right down to cheering him off the ground. A standing ovation for going to the bench people, can you believe this. It sickened me to hear the terms 'hero' 'brave' 'couragous' etc being used by these idiots in relation to ol Vanilla Ice Cousins. First things first, he's not brave, couragous or a hero. He's a junkie who if he didn't play in the AFL would be most likely doing time. Brave people are the diggers who fought at Gallipoli and on the Kokoda trail. Heros are the doctors and surgeons who save lives everyday, and couragous people aren't coke riddled footballers, but people like the dude who got shot in Melbourne trying to help a stranger in a dangerous spot. I felt ill when I saw the pictures of Cousins holding his brownlow on the shirts of young children, and almost vomited when they appluaded no other player bar the junkie. Cousins, Kerr, Fletcher et al and the Eagles are a disgrace, they're a blight on the game of football. It really made me angry to see and hear the response from the dropping E-agles fans the past 2 weeks. I was so annoyed i almost forgot to abuse (C)Hunter (take away the H). Almost.