Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpies' heritiage guernsey

Magpies' heritiage guernsey

Why didn't they just wear their normal jumpers?

You could barely pick the difference. What a waste of time.

Mind you, I thought Port looked very fetching!

Eddie must have been spewing!

Senior Player
    i really liked the fitzroy jumper

heheh it was weird watching Freo. Very weird.

I loved the one the lions used.

On the Rookie List

who cares

who cares what collingwood's jerseys looklike. they are scum.

It made all of Eddie's pre-match controversy about adidas making up the wrong Collingwood jumper rather pointless. So they had an extra stripe, big deal. They still lost.
    Although I hate port as well Eddie must have been a little uneasy seeing the black and white running around in Adelaide.
    I sincerley hope for footy's sake Collingwood is forced to develop an away jumper for future clashes with Port - Collingwood doesn't have a mortgage on the colours.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

On the Rookie List

magpies jumper

yeah hammo, i agree. collingwood don't have a mortgage on the colours. the fact that fremantle played in a very similar jumper to ours on the heritage weekend didn't bother as me as it was a once off. as soon as afl makes all teams wear a home and away jumper the better. collingwoods carry-on about port adelaide is childish and boring.

Senior Player
    speaking of childish and boring, did u hear the crowd boo every time mal michael got the ball

Yeah you'd think they'd be over it by now, wouldn't you? Most of those fans had no front teeth so I don't think Mal would've taken much notice.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Originally posted by penga
    speaking of childish and boring, did u hear the crowd boo every time mal michael got the ball
    I wonder why? Actually, I know, he left Collingwood for more money.

Originally posted by Joel
    Or maybe to play Finals footy!! And win Premierships!! I'd say he made a good choice (as did Nick)

Originally posted by Joel
    And Nick left for less, so big deal ...

Looks to me it doesn't matter why they left Collingwood, its just the fact that they did . Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it was a cult, not a football club .

Passion is one thing, stupidity and ignorance , are entirely different .

After Round 6, Ryan Lonie was the only person man enough, to shake hands with the " mummy's boy " . To me, that just confirmed any little doubts I might have had about what imbeciles most of the C'Wood faithful, and their players, really are .

Mick Malthouse is quick to spew out a few well known quotes when it suits him, so maybe next time he and fellow ' family man ' Eddie should keep this one in mind, before making judgements about a homesick kid ...

" Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. "
    Last edited by Ruda Wakening; 21st August 2003 at 11:37 PM.

Originally posted by j s
    Or maybe to play Finals footy!! And win Premierships!! I'd say he made a good choice (as did Nick)
    No, he stated at the time that Collingwood didn't offer enough. At the time, he was an up and comer, but not worth $400,000 a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast