Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Balmain Major Raffle For 2007

Almost Football Legend
    Looks like a great set of prizes there - well done to Balmain for getting that organised.

How much are tickets Ash?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Looks like a great set of prizes there - well done to Balmain for getting that organised.

How much are tickets Ash?
    Norris, your half-full attitude and goodwill to all on this website are a welcome breath of fresh air.

Still, for the life of me I cannot work out how a club that requires its commitee (and I use that term loosely) to run water and forfiets Reserve Grade can sell over $30,000 of raffle tickets.

Either a case of gross mismanagement, totally stupid sponsors or an insanely stupid deal that Freo have provided.

Still, good luck to 'em, won't make a bit of difference with the coach and commitee they have......

why are all you old women so concerned with what balmain are trying to do.
    surely other clubs have raffles and fundraisers throughout the year or am i wrong?

Wink

Norris,

$5 /ticket. Feel free to ask anyone or myself for a ticket.

Bryan,

As I rarely drink $10 should cover my drinking bill.

All the other reasons you mention are footy related. Thanks for pointing that out.

With all your focus on all things football and the "resources" you have, well done this year.

As you are available first weekend in September, would you like to join us on our end of season trip?

See very easy to snipe. Pick on someone your own size

Splinters.

Would you like to come on our trip as well? By all your whingeing sounds like you too could do with a short break.

You would have to share a room with Bryan though.

At least Rooboy gave us a laugh occassionally.

Ash,

be careful with this libelous dribble being posted. frown

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Norris,

$5 /ticket. Feel free to ask anyone or myself for a ticket.

Bryan,

As I rarely drink $10 should cover my drinking bill.

All the other reasons you mention are footy related. Thanks for pointing that out.

With all your focus on all things football and the "resources" you have, well done this year.

As you are available first weekend in September, would you like to join us on our end of season trip?

See very easy to snipe. Pick on someone your own size

Splinters.

Would you like to come on our trip as well? By all your whingeing sounds like you too could do with a short break.

You would have to share a room with Bryan though.

At least Rooboy gave us a laugh occassionally.

Nice one Ash. Its a good question, why does everyone have a bad thing to say about Balmain??Give them their dues, sure they havent won yet, but they're still having a go. Its never good to see a forfeit in any grade, but i'm sure there is a reason behind it. Sydney footy is cyclical, it wasnt that long ago that the old Tigers swept all before them, ya never know what will happen next year, and i wish them good luck. Still keen for that trial too Ash if the offer is there(and i'm still coaching!!!)And Mahatma, your grammar and punctuation are second to none. I just hope you're not a lairy forward, or at the very least, i hope you havent kicked a goal this year. You sound like a backman.

On the Rookie List

The helmeted warrior that sleeps with the light on!

Ash,

My comments were directed at you pumping up the off field direction of the club instead of pumping up the on field aspirations. I think it is a fantastic raffle and the club should be proud of it. It is certainly sets a very high standard for other clubs to aspire too. That is not the issue. In regards to your invite on the footy trip, blokes on our trip that spend $10 for the night on drinks get bashed.

P.S For everyones information ECE beat Balmain by 92 and 100 points this year, both times severly under strength.

P.S.S I have seen you play and how tough you are and am very worried!
    Give it a wash!

GUN,

No libelous statements by me. Im sure Ive been defamed on this site (?)and I hope you dont take it too much to heart.

Bryan,

Im glad you distinguished my drinking habits from others. Women usually offer me drinks.

Both occassions your side did outscore us but we had glimpses

PS- You think your side is understrength. We have had 13 players unavailable either for the season or with career ending injuries since rd 2 . Our past 3-4 games have been very winnable as we have developed our evolving roster. Must be doing something right as we have a collation of 1st,2nds and 4ths.

PSS- You obviously played your footy in the 60s/70s.
    I do sleep quite well though with the waves rolling in the background.

PSSS- I remember early years playing Baulkham Hills when I first started playing 1st. I dont recall ever playing you in a final.

Thats enough of this dribble!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Strauchan View Post
    Ash,

My comments were directed at you pumping up the off field direction of the club instead of pumping up the on field aspirations. I think it is a fantastic raffle and the club should be proud of it. It is certainly sets a very high standard for other clubs to aspire too. That is not the issue. In regards to your invite on the footy trip, blokes on our trip that spend $10 for the night on drinks get bashed.

P.S For everyones information ECE beat Balmain by 92 and 100 points this year, both times severly under strength.

P.S.S I have seen you play and how tough you are and am very worried!

Your kidding Hally
    "No libelous statements by you"? try this out

"Our past 3-4 games have been very winnable as we have developed our evolving roster" (why didn't you win then!!!!!!).

"Must be doing something right as we have a collation of 1st,2nds and 4ths"
    (Your 4ths played & your 2nds didn't ) How does that happen?

GUN,

No libelous statements by me. Im sure Ive been defamed on this site (?)and I hope you dont take it too much to heart.

Bryan,

Im glad you distinguished my drinking habits from others. Women usually offer me drinks.

PS- You think your side is understrength. We have had 13 players unavailable either for the season or with career ending injuries since rd 2 . Our past 3-4 games have been very winnable as we have developed our evolving roster. Must be doing something right as we have a collation of 1st,2nds and 4ths.

PSSS- I remember early years playing Baulkham Hills when I first started playing 1st. I dont recall ever playing you in a final.

On the Rookie List
    Gun,

For your records Balmain average 20.13 kicked against them each week
    Give it a wash!

That's 33 scoring shots a game & 1 shot every 3 mins

GUN,

Bryan,

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Strauchan View Post
    Gun,

For your records Balmain average 20.13 kicked against them each week

On the Rookie List
    I think that's what he means by we had glimpses, I pressume it's glimpses of the ball as the boundry umpire is running it back to the centre!
    Give it a wash!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast