Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need to lose this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    One thing's for sure, they won't be resting any of our "good" players...
    So pretty much anyone could get a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    To a certain extent I agree, however finals are a different kettle of fish, the Hawks are young and inexperienced and we seem to take our game to another level in finals. The mind is a powerful thing.

Another week down the track might also see the return of Leo, LRT, Micky O, Kennelly etc (assuming they don't play this week).
    the collingwood game was finals atmosphere and we got rolled.....

Quote Originally Posted by KIRK4PM View Post
    the collingwood game was finals atmosphere and we got rolled.....
    Correct! Bad news from Richards:

?For a while now, we?ve been treating every game like a finals game. This week was really important. We were treating this game like a really big game. We didn?t win but we?re treating next week as just as big, if not bigger," he said.
    Source

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    By my reckoning, attached, the will Swans have a pretty good finals run and will meet Wet Toast in the GF (and will win by a point)
    Or, lose to the Hawks, get beating in the first final, and spend the summer realising that the other teams have caught up with us and gone ahead.

Seriously, I'm all for supporting the team, but teams which have no momenteum going into the finals are toast.

Time for some major changes; the present team can't win the flag, or get to the PF, throw the dice, put back some of the young players, and have a team which can have a crack.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    Honestly, between you and me guys, I really think the swannies are going to struggle against the Hawks on Sunday. Big time.

See how the media goes later in the week.
    Agreed, and if we do get rolled everyone will write off the swans (which is fair enough). But if there is still some of that blood brother culture left, a backs to the wall situation won't hurt.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Roos on the Swan's web site. ""So really the main focus for us this week is to prepare for the following week and use this game on the weekend in order to do that. What you do is make sure with our medical meetings, being able to pick guys who are 100 per cent fit. If there is any doubt whatsoever it does give you an opportunity to do that."

I'm not going to the SCG this week expecting a win. But I am really looking forward to how the replacements handle themselves. We might call this tanking, for the blokes who are promoted it is called opportunity. I hope that instead of reinstating the tried, tested and failed that a couple of new faces get their chance to show what they can do.

Could almost be like the pre season at the end of the season.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    Roos on the Swan's web site. ""So really the main focus for us this week is to prepare for the following week and use this game on the weekend in order to do that. What you do is make sure with our medical meetings, being able to pick guys who are 100 per cent fit. If there is any doubt whatsoever it does give you an opportunity to do that."

I'm not going to the SCG this week expecting a win. But I am really looking forward to how the replacements handle themselves. We might call this tanking, for the blokes who are promoted it is called opportunity. I hope that instead of reinstating the tried, tested and failed that a couple of new faces get their chance to show what they can do.

Could almost be like the pre season at the end of the season.
    Hallalooya, your a wise sage Old Royboy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Last season the Cats were inept, the Roos looked slow and wooden spoon material, the Hawks were inconsistent basket cases and barely out of kindergarten and the Power just entering a new phase of rebuilding.

Amazing what one year of a longer pre-season can do in terms of getting fitter, rejuvenating players, reinventing game plans etc etc.

This year has been a disappointment but no reason to assume a long period of cellar dwelling must follow.

Its been a great journey for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Or, lose to the Hawks, get beating in the first final, and spend the summer realising that the other teams have caught up with us and gone ahead..
    I went to the game on Sunday hawks v dogs and they were as bad as the Swans until halftime. They were flogged in the first qtr by the dogs.

Franklin had 1.7 at one stage. I can't see anyone keep him pinned dowm. He is very quick and takes a great overhead mark. The ruckman Campbell is a monster, won't stop him.

Therefore after last weekends form Hawks will win easily.

Everyone said Swans looked tired. They couldn't tackle. The goal where rocca beat three in the goal square to score was unbelievable.

SWans will get done by kanga's in first final, no doubt about that. We'll soon find out that many players are carrying injuries and the last two years have taken their toll.

Long hot summer ahead.!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post
    Its been a great journey for me
    I think > Swans will <25 win points >5.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by mulfa View Post
    Swans wont tank, swans don't tank we will bring our B game and try and win .
    Since when have we had a plan B? I never knew that Roos had entertained a plan B. Nothing has changed in the game plan, the only difference has been some personel and thats due to injury. If we had a plan B, perhaps we might of been in a better position than where we are now. We have become too predictable, and the rest of the comp are a wake up too it.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast