Thread: We need to lose this weekend...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We need to lose this weekend...

Yes I know it's a weird concept, but finishing 8th will give us a much easier run then 7th.

My logic is as follows:

If we lose, Adelaide win and all other results go to plan, then we will finish 8th and have the following (likely run):

Week 1 : Play Kangas in Melb - would have a good chance
    Week 2 : Play Hawks in Melb - another good chance
    Week 3 : Play Port in Adl - tough but we play well against Port (especially in finals )
    Week 4: Cats at the G - we win the granny (Cats to choke)......

This way we avoid the Eagles, don't play in Adelaide until the prelim and have 3 out of 4 games at the G.

Finishing 7th would see us play the Hawks/Pies in Melb and then have to travel to Perth/Adelaide in week 2

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yes I know it's a weird concept, but finishing 8th will give us a much easier run then 7th.

My logic is as follows:

If we lose, Adelaide win and all other results go to plan, then we will finish 8th and have the following (likely run):

Week 1 : Play Kangas in Melb - would have a good chance
    Week 2 : Play Hawks in Melb - another good chance
    Week 3 : Play Port in Adl - tough but we play well against Port (especially in finals )
    Week 4: Cats at the G - we win the granny (Cats to choke)......

This way we avoid the Eagles, don't play in Adelaide until the prelim and have 3 out of 4 games at the G.

Finishing 7th would see us play the Hawks/Pies in Melb and then have to travel to Perth/Adelaide in week 2
    Good theory, the way the bloods are playing at the moment we will more than likely finish 8th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Good theory, the way the bloods are playing at the moment we will more than likely finish 8th.
    And in 2 weeks time we'll be 8th.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    The plan is fatally flawed.

Yeah we can lose this week. No problems. But from that point on we're in trouble. We'll have to actually WIN games. Something that's looking less and less likely each time we play.

Of course form means a lot and if we lose this weekend, we would struggle to beat even Carlton.

The point is, finishing 8th would give us a better run the 7th. If it was possible, I would love for us to beat the Hawks and finish 8th.

I like your thinking Captain. A finals series of Hawthorn, North, Port and Geelong would be a god-send. You couldnt pick 4 easier sides.

Regular in the Side
    well thank goodness things never go according to plan or prediction in afl. this means we can forget about anything stupid like hoping to lose on the eve of the finals.

give me form over a decent draw any day.