Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Brisbane draw kill us.

Did Brisbane draw kill us.

Could it be that our poor showing against the Pies was because the chance of top 4 had gone after the Brisbane draw.

Have the players dropped intensity, knowing that these two weeks (pies, dawks) make little difference to our finishing position in the bottom half of the 8.

Can they lift for the finals, or have we thrown in the towel for the season ?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Could it be that our poor showing against the Pies was because the chance of top 4 had gone after the Brisbane draw.

Have the players dropped intensity, knowing that these two weeks (pies, dawks) make little difference to our finishing position in the bottom half of the 8.

Can they lift for the finals, or have we thrown in the towel for the season ?
    If we'd beaten Collingwood, we'd still be a chance for the top 4 so I think that's drawing a long bow.

Don't think they've thrown in the towel - I just think other sides have caught up to us.

I still think with a bit of luck, we can win a final or two..
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Losing to the Eagles and Bombers by 1 point cost us any chance of making the top 4.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Playing consistently poorly is what cost us a top 4 spot.

No doubt we were 'flat' from the previous week's draw. Roos said we "Lacked energy".
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    No doubt we were 'flat' from the previous week's draw. Roos said we "Lacked energy".
    What a pathetic excuse. These are professional footballers who get paid $300,000 a season to play in front of 60,000 at the MCG. If they're lacking energy then give some youngsters a go who have the enregy.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    What a pathetic excuse. These are professional footballers who get paid $300,000 a season to play in front of 60,000 at the MCG. If they're lacking energy then give some youngsters a go who have the enregy.

I agree that it is a lame excuse...but those were his words!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Layby View Post
    Playing consistently poorly is what cost us a top 4 spot.
    Exactly right.

But the most dissapointing performance this year IMO would be the Essendon game.

The draw against Brisbane in the dying seconds of the match would have gutted the team - in terms of top 4 aspirations it had the same effect as a loss. That and the 1 point losses to West Coast and Essendon have cost us second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The draw against Brisbane in the dying seconds of the match would have gutted the team - in terms of top 4 aspirations it had the same effect as a loss. That and the 1 point losses to West Coast and Essendon have cost us second place.
    Yes, dropping 10 points we should have had cost us second place...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

On the Rookie List
    Sitting in the stands at the Gabba, 10 minutes after the game finished, I mentioned to my girlfriend that Brown's goal @@@@@@ our finals chances seriously. I'm not ruling us out, but it @@@@@@ us over in all sorts of ways. We're looking at 7th now, realistically.
    Grandson of South Melbourne legend Keith Schaefer.

Veterans List
    No, we were just shouse on Satdy night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast