Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Ch 7 vs drug users

Quote Originally Posted by Sanecow View Post
    Well, they know players are doing it. It's my take that they don't think it's really anyone's business.
    It's my take that it SHOULD be AFLPA's and the clubs business (probably last of which, the public's business). They're not doing their members / players any favours.

Seriously, taking this crap is really bad for you. You might be ok today, just like LSD was back in the 60's (for instance), but as we now know, you suffer the after-effects of LSD for years and years after talking it (e.g. flashbacks).

We have no idea what effect eccys and ice are going to have in the future.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Haddad View Post
    It's my take that it SHOULD be AFLPA's and the clubs business (probably last of which, the public's business). They're not doing their members / players any favours.
    If a player gets get busted, the AFLPA doesn't want them to lose their job, they want them to get treatment. It's a massive favour.

If a player gets get busted, the AFLPA doesn't want them to lose their job, they want them to get treatment. It's a massive favour.
    It's not like playing AFL is going to be your job forever and ever amen - other sportspeople get kicked off teams for doing less. At most, as an AFL player you probably have 10 year lifespan, more - if you're better than average. I know people who have lost their jobs because they've turned up to work on drugs/alcohol.

What if a player doesn't get busted. What favours are they doing him?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

As to whether or not I believe all gossip and rumour is essentially true, no - not at all.
    You can't deny in this case that there "is smoke". The "smoke" being the fact that a CLUB, according to found and/or stolen medical records, may or may not have a few of their players in rehab for what is assumed or alleged as "substance abuse" (to coin a WC phase).
    The "fire" is the fact that the AFL and the club have pulled out all stops to make sure that the news is not broadcast further.

Doesn't really matter anymore.

The longer that the AFL/Club involved DON'T come out and say something, the longer their reputation is sullied.
    It's no different to AFL players paying hush money to keep people quiet.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    It's no different to AFL players paying hush money to keep people quiet.
    Can you elaborate on that?

Seriously, taking this crap is really bad for you. You might be ok today, just like LSD was back in the 60's (for instance), but as we now know, you suffer the after-effects of LSD for years and years after talking it (e.g. flashbacks).

We have no idea what effect eccys and ice are going to have in the future.
    Should your employer investigate what you do on your own time?
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    That obviously depends on the nature of the employment and the specific out of hours activity in question.

That obviously depends on the nature of the employment and the specific out of hours activity in question.
    Agreed.
    Me, personally, I couldn't give a rats if my bosses wanted to investigate what I was doing on my own time ... not that they'd bother in the first place. Maybe they should. Knitting and gardening IS very performance enhancing, after all.

Agreed.
    Me, personally, I couldn't give a rats if my bosses wanted to investigate what I was doing on my own time
    I enjoy a good cavity serach also

Sometimes it is the only action you can get

This is the only interview Peter Meakin has given regarding the Channel 7 fiasco.

It is a transcript from the Media Watch programme televised last Monday night (3 September 2007).

Peter Meakin Media Watch Interview Transcript

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Ask a Politician.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678