Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: (Not Such A) Jolly Good Trade Coming (merged Jolly trade thread)

(Not Such A) Jolly Good Trade Coming (merged Jolly trade thread)

Well it seems he is off to mexico again.

Now that he is a genuine premiership ruckmen, I would think that he would command a first round pick.

As mentioned in the previous thread, Carlton, Saints and Bulldogs need a ruckman. I'd say Jolly would request to go to Saints or Doggies because they have the best chances of a premiership in the next three year.

Do we trade for player or draft pick?

I think Sydney will trade for player based on Sydney's previous trade experience.

However, unlike the last three years, this time we should have either pick 10 or 11 as our first pick.

We could could package that with Jolly for pick 3 from Carlton.

Jolly and Vogels/Grundy for another top 10 pick?

Instead of guessing which player, I'm suggesting which strategy do you think we should go?

I don't know what the strength of the draft is this year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

jolly for hayes, now that would be a good trade

Seaby is apparently out of contract. Make a three way deal.

Up the mighty swannies!!!
    Seaby is a crab!

If Brisbane are really looking to off load Cameron Wood, I would trade Jolly for Wood and perhaps get a swap of first round picks to boot. Brisbane can then on trade Jolly for the player or pick of their choice. I would expect that Jolly would have more tradeable value than Wood at this stage, given that Jolly is a proven commodity, so it may work out well all around.

I think Wood will actually be a better long term value than Jolly anyway. Jolly is a pretty good ruckman and can kick a goal as well, but is not a smart footy player and is unlikely to become one. Wood has a lot of potential and is likely to be a very good ruckman in a few years time, and is good enough to back up Everett next year.

If Jolly is to go, then I think we will need another ruckman in return, since there will be no proven ruckman, excluding Goodes, to back up Everett, who must be some risk of not getting through the season unscathed at his age.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Brisbane are really looking to off load Cameron Wood, I would trade Jolly for Wood and perhaps get a swap of first round picks to boot. Brisbane can then on trade Jolly for the player or pick of their choice. I would expect that Jolly would have more tradeable value than Wood at this stage, given that Jolly is a proven commodity, so it may work out well all around.

I think Wood will actually be a better long term value than Jolly anyway. Jolly is a pretty good ruckman and can kick a goal as well, but is not a smart footy player and is unlikely to become one. Wood has a lot of potential and is likely to be a very good ruckman in a few years time, and is good enough to back up Everett next year.

If Jolly is to go, then I think we will need another ruckman in return, since there will be no proven ruckman, excluding Goodes, to back up Everett, who must be some risk of not getting through the season unscathed at his age.
    I don't think you can on trade players. It would have to be a trade for Jolly to a Melbourne club for draft picks and use the draft pick to give to Brisbane for Wood.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I don't think you can on trade players. It would have to be a trade for Jolly to a Melbourne club for draft picks and use the draft pick to give to Brisbane for Wood.

I suspect Ludwig is referring to a 3-way trade a la Hall

The situation at Brisbane is similar to that at Melbourne when Jolly coudn't get much playing time because Jeff White was so dominant and played almost the entire game. Brisbane have to choose between Leuenberger and Wood as their number 2 ruckman, and both seem capable of being number one ruckmen in a couple of years. And remember that Charman is only 25, and they have a reasonable back up ruckman in McDonald, so barring injury, Brisbane simply have too many quality ruckmen for some time to come. So Brisbane have an opportunity to trade one of them, and it looks like Wood, for a quality player or draft pick.

My argument is that if Jolly wants to leave, there is a real opportunity to get a good replacement in a very promising ruckman who is 5 years younger. It looks like one of those 3 way deals that just seem to happen without the public knowing until it is announced. Despite the loss of Jolly looking like a serious problem for the Swans, it could turn out okay in the end due to this situation at Brisbane and that Jolly is likely to be seen to have more value than Wood at the moment, given that Jolly is a proven high quality ruckman. This leaves the possibility that both the Swans and the Lions can benefit from such a deal.

With Spida at 34 years old next year, and Doyle likely to be delisted regardless of what happens to Jolly, the Swans again look very vulnerable in the Ruck department again. It seems like trying to make this deal come off would be the best strategy for the Swans to cover the loss of Darren and his lovely family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

With Spida at 34 years old next year, and Doyle likely to be delisted regardless of what happens to Jolly, the Swans again look very vulnerable in the Ruck department again.
    Seems like a good enough reason to keep Donk on the list don't you think?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Seems like a good enough reason to keep Donk on the list don't you think?
    No point keeping him on the list if he's always injured. Otherwise, I think we should keep him.

Let's just trade Jolly's wife for Fevola's wife. I think the swap will do both players a lot of good. Jolly's wife needs a lesson on how bad married life can really be.

give him back to melbourne
    Roosy = LEGEND

Quote Originally Posted by punter257 View Post
    give him back to melbourne
    We'll take Bruce thanks!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast