Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Appraisals

Draft Appraisals

I've been on bigfooty and Nick's Collingwood board....does anyone know if there is a good round up of draft talent somewhere? Pick 11 means (for once) we could snare a real beauty if things fall our way, be nice to see who we're hoping to get.

Basically we want Joel Selwood 2008 (ready to go 300 game midfielder with the lot)....or Aaron Davey... fast, brilliant skilled hard worker for a dash of magic...or possibly a Ben Reid/Nathan Brown (Collingwood), Sellars, A. Everitt type mobile SKILLED big man.....ready to go.

Frankly I'm sick of the midfield waifs or tall sticks we have recruited for the past 5 years. Talent Schmalent....how about a draft pick capable of playing AFL footy!!!!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Well i watched Ashley Arrowsmith in the TAC Grand Final And he Was BOG running off half back and he dominated the midfield in the first half of the game and on top of all that he kicked four goals he was really impressive and he will be in the top 15 this year

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClegg1949bro View Post
    Well i watched Ashley Arrowsmith in the TAC Grand Final And he Was BOG running off half back and he dominated the midfield in the first half of the game and on top of all that he kicked four goals he was really impressive and he will be in the top 15 this year
    He was impressive in the first half but the commentators said he was on the wing. Dont know that his second half warranted him being BOG.

After the game he was named BOG and he was playing on the wing and half back at times

Regular in the Side
    Red and white till I die

Last edited by swantastic; 30th September 2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veterans List
    They said McEvoy had good hands but he had Torcher Chambers type hands yesterday.

What about Thompson & Davenport from VFL Geelong..........any takers Thompson seems like a young Scarlett & Davenport has amazing pace both had great games in the VFL GF anyone know anymore about them age etc

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    What about Thompson & Davenport from VFL Geelong..........any takers Thompson seems like a young Scarlett & Davenport has amazing pace both had great games in the VFL GF anyone know anymore about them age etc
    Davenport is on Geelongs rookies list - just turned 22, 185cm. He was a latecomer to football as he played basketball as a teenager. He came 3rd in the Geelong Reserves B&F

I cant see us being interested in either...but hey...what would i know?
    Red and white till I die

Quote Originally Posted by sWAns63 View Post
    Geelong will probably get first crack at them.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    Geelong will probably get first crack at them.

They already have first crack at Davenport, by dint of him being on their rookie list. But they have no more claims over Thompson than any other club. The only difference is that they'll be far more aware of his real value than any other club since they have access to more information about him.

i Agree With you i saw Davenport in the Cats reserves and he couldn't be caught by the opisition and thats the kind of player we need in our team thats what we are missing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast