Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geelong players showed real class

Thumbs up Geelong players showed real class

Kudos to the Geelong guys during the presentation.

Every single one of them showed respect and acknowledged the young kids presenting them with their medals. The cap thing was a nice touch which I have no doubt will be repeated by every side that wins the flag from this point on.

Stark contrast from the filth last year.

Shame about the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Shame about the fans.
    They were ferral just like the filth from last year,but good on the cats boys for showing some class.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    The cap thing was a nice touch which I have no doubt will be repeated by every side that wins the flag from this point on.
    It was very nice. I instantly thought in my mind "we have to do that next year when we win, but we should have a marker there so each player can sign the cap as they go up to get their medal!".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Shame about the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    They were ferral just like the filth from last year,but good on the cats boys for showing some class.
    Plenty of feral fans for other sides too, including the Swans. Plenty of decent supporters for Geelong too, just like most other sides.

Last edited by NMWBloods; 29th September 2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by NMWBloods View Post
    Plenty of feral fans for other sides too, including the Swans. Plenty of decent supporters for Geelong too, just like most other sides.

Spot on!

Good luck to the cats. It was great to see the best team this year win the flag. Glad we didn't meet this incarnation of the cats in 05 otherwise our premiership drought would still be alive and kicking.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

The thing that really impressed me was Mark Williams going over and shaking the hands of the Geelong players.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    The thing that really impressed me was Mark Williams going over and shaking the hands of the Geelong players.
    After he made an arse of himself throughout the week.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Kudos to the Geelong guys during the presentation.

Every single one of them showed respect and acknowledged the young kids presenting them with their medals. The cap thing was a nice touch which I have no doubt will be repeated by every side that wins the flag from this point on.

Stark contrast from the filth last year.
    It was very nice. Looked really good.

Obviously a pre conceived idea, but I wonder whether it was the club, the players or the AFL's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    After he made an arse of himself throughout the week.
    In fairness to Williams, all the pre game stuff was just gamesmanship and a keen sense of humour. He has mellowed ten fold since winning the flag in '04 to the point he is almost as good at getting the media eating out of his hand as Sheedy.

I thought he showed great class and sportsmanship at the end of the game. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Obviously a pre conceived idea, but I wonder whether it was the club, the players or the AFL's idea.
    AFL's because of the bad press from last year (which basically was a few Eagles players not shaking the hand of the kid giving the player the medal and acting like fools, not that we weren't without non-hand shakers in 05). If the result was reversed then Port Adelaide hats would of been on hand to give to the kids. Still a nice move and one that will ensure that no bad press comes out of it.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    have a marker there so each player can sign the cap as they go up to get their medal!".
    Maybe they did! It's such an obvious thing. If so the signing would have been done while they were standing around waiting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast