Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clayton's Trade Week over for Swans

Jude Bolton for Leigh Brown last minute trade??

[Jude Bolton is not going anywhere but back to the Swans for hopefully the rest of his career and I am glad that he is staying

That is great news for every club playing the swans next year. Jude aka "Jon Pumper" was merely making up the numbers this year. Stick to sewing T-shirts for preppy Paddington try hard types.

Having said that, I would have liked to trade Leigh Brown for Jude..... Win win all round!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Why does everyone on this forum hate Jude ?

It is obvious that he is a required player at the Swans as there were several clubs chasing after him but Roosy has said that they would only give him up if they could get the right price for him

He has finished in their best and fairest in the top 10 the last 3 years

He is off contract though.Is it possible that he may go in the PSD instead ?
    Required player? I doubt we'd miss him. He is not even rated, and he is still over-rated.

He is a midfielder. He had 20 possessions or more this year I think twice? maybe three times?
    Very few clearances, and his skills are atrocious. Even when he does get us a clearance, it is generally a blind kick, which can be useless to us a lot of the time.

He is replaceable with someone like Schmidt who has better skills and awareness. We're better off without him.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Has missed a few other critical goals in his career too, including one in his first season against Essendon at the SCG which cost us the game (I've never really forgiven him for that one).
    That was my (2nd) wedding night, July 31st 1999.

The best man and I sat on the end of the bed in the honeymoon suite and watched the midnight replay.

You may ask why the hell did I get married on a Swans home game night, well let's just blame the, now deceased, mother-in-law. Like you Cruiser (I never really forgave her for that one)

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Jude Bolton is not going anywhere but back to the Swans for hopefully the rest of his career and I am glad that he is staying

Also I am glad that at least they are keeping Buchanan as well

It is sad to see schneids go but if he is not going anywhere with the Swans then maybe a fresh change would help him

Getting Playfair from the cats is ok though

He is from NSW.

I would have loved to have gotten Lenny Hayes from the Saints.He is also a NSW boy as well

Any chance of getting him next year.He is a tough guy
    Dazza, it's disturbing if you think the key to success is recruiting from NSW. For crying out loud, Bevan is from NSW... would you not have traded Stafford? Is LRT better than Dunkley? etc etc

Let's fill our club with champions from bloody Ireland if we have to, rather than duds from NSW.

Please have a re-think.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234