Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chance encounter....

Sweet home Novacastria
    I wore my Swans Jacket in London today and got about a dozen "car'n the swannies" or "go bloods"
    Kinda made my day

When I was a younger Salvo officer working in Port Melbourne, I used to take the War Cry into the pubs. One night I met none other than "Mr Football", E. J. "Ted" Whitten. He was as much a character in real life as he was in tv interviews.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Diabolical View Post
    I saw some Swans players on the MCG last year...
    Probably imposters.

In '95 I was enjoying a beer at "The Vic" hotel in Darwin when the whole Swans squad (except Plugger) rolled in on their end of season trip. One of the greatest nights of my life as got to personally congratulate Kells on his Brownlow win. At one stage I was challenged to name each player (I'd had a few) and remember doing well until I called the lone blood nut Stevie Wright...it was Leon Higgins.

I went to the Bob Skilton tribute night at crown in 2005. Had the pleasure of meeting him - very nice bloke.

I've met Peter Bedford a couple of times as well. Great guy too.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Actually have another one - was having lunch bought for me for my birthday in Cafe Sydney (yes, yes, very ritzy) and Paul Roos took the table next to us. Was September 26 07

Was just outta ear shot but head a few things but was clearly trying to big up the Swans (how we only needed some flair to really compete) and Sydney itself (the view from Cafe Sydeny speaks for itself).

He was with someone with him, assumed it was an agent. Was hoping it was Judd's. Obviously it wasn't.

They drank white, didn't see what they were eating.

I'd love to have a chance encounter with Goodsey!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

My parents went to Sydney for a trip a couple of years ago. (they're from Melbourne).

Whilst they were up there, none other than Ronald Dale Barassi asked them for directions!..... naturally, they were unable to help.

Blog Entries
    In the late 80's during the Edelsten Era, the boys were waiting for their bags at the carousel at Sydney Aiport.
    Leanne was obviously the designated bag collector.
    They all just watched her retreive the bags while watching her bend over in her tight white slacks, while The Doc had his Porsche booked by the Fed Police for parking on the no stopping strip of the airport.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    My parents went to Sydney for a trip a couple of years ago. (they're from Melbourne).

Whilst they were up there, none other than Ronald Dale Barassi asked them for directions!..... naturally, they were unable to help.
    I met Ron H. Barassi after a gig.

Does that count?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by j s View Post
    I sat next Roos on a flight back from Melbourne. He had actually pinched my seat but I graciously accepted his so he could be across the aisle from his family.
    So the b****d even takes the flooding negative defensive option on the trip home!

Veterans List
    We saw BBBH near Edgecliff once & I wound the window down so the twins could call out "Big Barry! Big Barry" - he somewhat bemusedly waved back. When we drove off, one twin commented "I luv Big Barry. I wish he was my boyfriend." To which the other replied "I wish he was my Daddy." When I asked where that left me they told me I could be the nanny...

God help me when they become teenagers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast