Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who gets your vote

Best/Favourite: Lockett

Worst: Aaron Rogers - in a photo finish with Paul Chambers.

Mark Hepburn for the other category. Reject from North and the Eagles who was genuinely ordinary.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Best/Fav - Kelly, Goodes, Schwass, Eski

Disappointing - Ryan Fitzgerald (due only to injuries), McVeigh (so far, but still has time to change my mind), Josh Willoughby, Mark Powell, Mark Kinnear.

Wish they'd never worn the jumper - Ryan O'connor, Andrew Bomford, Nick Daffy, Paul Chambers, Stephen Tingay, Mark Eustice, and.... Bevo!
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Favourites - Tony and Paul Morwood, Graham Teasdale, Gary Brice.

Worst - Paul Chambers

Player you wish hadn't worn red and white - The last 2 Geelong recruits (Chambers and what his name! )
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by 2005 View Post
    Your not wrong Grim, though I wouldnt mind a few more Pies rejects as they seem to go Ok with us .Willo,Shaubs,Robbie Ahmat,MarkOrchard.
    Couple of B/F winners in that lot mate.
    Stick that up ya Eddie !!
    You mention that Robbie Ahmat went OK.

IMO ordinary at best, much like his brother.

Veterans List
    Best: John Roberts because he once kicked a goal after the siren at Geelong from a top mark in the square. Slowly went back from dead in front to prolong the agony for the ferals and slotted it, and the Swans crowd went nuts.

Worst: Jimmy West because he once missed a shot on a 45 degree angle from a metre out at Geelong, and the Swans crowd went nuts.

He also has the inglorious reputation of hitting the post to draw a match with Melbourne at the G and so started our run of 23 straight loses or thereabouts, IIRC.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    You mention that Robbie Ahmat went OK.

IMO ordinary at best, much like his brother.
    Kicked 5 at the G one night against the Pies when were were struggling and we got up . That will do me. A memorable game,hostile,loud & we won.
    Also kicked one of the all time run and bounce goals at The SCG against the Roos and we got up
    Anything to jack off Collingwood supporters makes me happy.
    Who is his brother ??
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Who is his brother ??
    Sit-on
    Swannies for life!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Sit-on
    Who's his brother?

A. Rubber.

Kicked 5 at the G one night against the Pies when were were struggling and we got up . That will do me. A memorable game,hostile,loud & we won.
    Also kicked one of the all time run and bounce goals at The SCG against the Roos and we got up
    Anything to jack off Collingwood supporters makes me happy.
    Who is his brother ??

for old times sake

YouTube - Robbie Ahmat vs Nth Melbourne

I'm SO over the swans! swan_song's Avatar
    Best players seen: Bobby Skilton/Greg Williams
    Fav players: Paul Kelly/Plugger (can't split them)
    Worst player seen: Ryan O'Connor, Bomford (Sheedy special stitch-up)
    Most disappointed in: Barry Hall (2006 GF)
    Most happy for: Barry Hall (2005 GF)
    Like to hate most: Jude Bolton (cos he cant kick)
    Most disappointing teams: 1987 (star studded duds); 97 (why didnt they have fire in their bellies after 96); 2007 (weak finals capitulation)
    Most disappointing decision: Trading Schneiderpoo to the drunks...
    "Davis...Davis has kicked 2...he snaps from 40...dont tell me, dont tell me, hes kicked a goal....unbelievable stuff from Nick Davis, can you believe this, he's kicked 3 final quarter goals and Swans are within 3 points..."

[QUOTE=swan_song;361671]Best players seen: Bobby Skilton/Greg Williams
    QUOTE]

Must say i only saw Skilton at the end of his career but he was a much better player than Williams. Could kick beautifully off either foot, strong inside, brilliant outside and couragous. Williams was more one dimensional and lacked pace. Very good player but not a great. Bobby Skilton was the greatest player to every play for the Bloods since the 60's. For what its worth the worst player (attitude and indiscipline outweighted his undoubted talent) was David Rhys-Jones. Saw him knock Garry Buckenara unconscious in an unprovoked cowardly punch on the edge of a pack at the SCG. I reckon Bucky paid us back in spades when he coached us. The other black mark against Rhys-Jones was that he deserted to Carlton. Unforgiveable

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post

Must say i only saw Skilton at the end of his career but he was a much better player than Williams. Could kick beautifully off either foot, strong inside, brilliant outside and couragous. Williams was more one dimensional and lacked pace. Very good player but not a great. Bobby Skilton was the greatest player to every play for the Bloods since the 60's. For what its worth the worst player (attitude and indiscipline outweighted his undoubted talent) was David Rhys-Jones. Saw him knock Garry Buckenara unconscious in an unprovoked cowardly punch on the edge of a pack at the SCG. I reckon Bucky paid us back in spades when he coached us. The other black mark against Rhys-Jones was that he deserted to Carlton. Unforgiveable
    Rhys-Jones was a thug, but he could also play. I remember his first touch in senior football. It was pouring with rain and a young Rhys-Jones in his senior debut at the lake Oval outran his opponent and produced a beautiful one handed pick up, then delivered the ball onto the chest of a team mate.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast