Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who gets your vote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=swan_song;361671]Best players seen: Bobby Skilton/Greg Williams
    QUOTE]

Must say i only saw Skilton at the end of his career but he was a much better player than Williams. Could kick beautifully off either foot, strong inside, brilliant outside and couragous. Williams was more one dimensional and lacked pace. Very good player but not a great. Bobby Skilton was the greatest player to every play for the Bloods since the 60's. For what its worth the worst player (attitude and indiscipline outweighted his undoubted talent) was David Rhys-Jones. Saw him knock Garry Buckenara unconscious in an unprovoked cowardly punch on the edge of a pack at the SCG. I reckon Bucky paid us back in spades when he coached us. The other black mark against Rhys-Jones was that he deserted to Carlton. Unforgiveable

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post

Must say i only saw Skilton at the end of his career but he was a much better player than Williams. Could kick beautifully off either foot, strong inside, brilliant outside and couragous. Williams was more one dimensional and lacked pace. Very good player but not a great. Bobby Skilton was the greatest player to every play for the Bloods since the 60's. For what its worth the worst player (attitude and indiscipline outweighted his undoubted talent) was David Rhys-Jones. Saw him knock Garry Buckenara unconscious in an unprovoked cowardly punch on the edge of a pack at the SCG. I reckon Bucky paid us back in spades when he coached us. The other black mark against Rhys-Jones was that he deserted to Carlton. Unforgiveable
    Rhys-Jones was a thug, but he could also play. I remember his first touch in senior football. It was pouring with rain and a young Rhys-Jones in his senior debut at the lake Oval outran his opponent and produced a beautiful one handed pick up, then delivered the ball onto the chest of a team mate.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    Rhys Jones was an absolute star junior footballer. He missed most of the first half of the season in the Federal League U18's then proceeded to be BOG in every remaining game to win the B&F. Shane Morwood was in the same comp and from memory was Runner Up.

The great thing about that was both these blokes were in our recruiting zone in Melbourne.

Unfortunately for DRJ he found the demon drink much to his liking too early in his VFL career. I suspect he ended up with Carlton because they had plenty of filthy lucre shoved under the table, just like Williams magically moved into a mansion in the very expensive, leafy suburb of Kew.

forward coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Rhys Jones was an absolute star junior footballer. He missed most of the first half of the season in the Federal League U18's then proceeded to be BOG in every remaining game to win the B&F. Shane Morwood was in the same comp and from memory was Runner Up.

The great thing about that was both these blokes were in our recruiting zone in Melbourne.

Unfortunately for DRJ he found the demon drink much to his liking too early in his VFL career. I suspect he ended up with Carlton because they had plenty of filthy lucre shoved under the table, just like Williams magically moved into a mansion in the very expensive, leafy suburb of Kew.
    he also won a norm smith medal.
    he told me once he got paid with an empty envelope,thats they way we were back then,no money false promises.
    so when the carlton scum came along with a offer to massive to refuse he couldn't resist.
    as for the drink there were many south players who used to have a drink and still played good footy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123